Ladies see the impact of hormones (TOM, PMS and Ovulation) to your weight ( Excel data)

Options
Someone may find this information useful. I kept a daily log in
April of my calories intake (red) and calories out ( blue) to get to my deficit ( green). I also made weekly projections of my weight loss based on my deficit ( black bolded) compared to my actual loss (black) and kept track of my body symptoms ( purple). In the entire time I'm experiencing fluctuations I'm still losing inches on my back and hips. Notice even while I was in a deficit i gained and I also noticed my salt intake was higher during weight spikes. My ovulation symptoms last 1 week. When that's over I get 1 or 2 days symptoms-free break then 10 days or more of pms symptoms before my TOM. I go through this every single month. It helps to keep a log on a free app like Google Spreadsheet. This also proofs weight loss is not linear. Your body pretty much does what it wants and consistency is the key to success. That's my lesson from this experience. I used my garmin Vivofit 2 watch to track my calories burned. I take bi monthly measurements.5jp40tfjdqrv.png
I'm due for a "whoosh" after my TOM. I'll then see what my actual weight is after TOM.

Replies

• veronikamellon
    veronikamellon Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    please keep us posted. My process is very similar
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Cool tracking!

I don't personally see a correlation between my hormone levels and intake or hunger. I do almost always see a temporary gain (likely water weight) of 0.8-2lbs during TOM but it goes away and I continue to maintain my downward trend following it.
  • snehas4984
    snehas4984 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you OP for detailed tracking.
    This is my first month keeping track of the weight and it was frustrating me that scales have not moved at all since ovulation (2 weeks ago). Most posts out there assure that ovulation water weight is lost within few days so this was worrying me big time.
    This puts my mind at ease.
    Thanks !
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,624 Member
    Options
    www.weightgrapher.com allows you to superimpose a 28 day (user selectable # of days) lagged graph of your weight over your current graph so that you can compare similar times.

Of course I personally prefer trendweight.com :)

Great job on the tracking OP!