50 and perimenopausal. Hard to lose

I want to know if anyone else in Perimenopause found a way to lose weight and what they ate

Replies

• itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    i'm 59. eat less calories or burn more and you will lose weight. it doesn't matter what you eat - just how many calories. a half a blaze pizza with no toppings is 300 calories and it makes a tasty lunch. start logging so you can figure out how many calories you actually eat per day and then cut a little and see how it works.

i also found taking long walks - not really fast or exercise walks, just walks that are continual with no breaks - had me losing weight without eating less.
  • issypops
    issypops Posts: 212 Member
    Yes it is possible, slow and steady especially if you look at it as a lifestyle change, I've found that changing the type of food I eat, cutting out as much processed food as possible and eating good nutritious food has also massively improved my symptoms, its definitely been worth the effort... Feel free to add me as friend

• skipford
    skipford Posts: 4 Member
    Removing as much processed sugar as possible has really helped!! I still eat yoghurt, fruit and wine!!!