Realistic goal?

ClassicKayo
ClassicKayo Posts: 26 Member
edited May 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hello! First day of logging and I need some motivating people on here! I'm trying to lose 30lbs. I want to shot for 10lbs a month. Is this a realistic goal? Any tips? Help!

Replies

• SalMRiina
    SalMRiina Posts: 22 Member
    Took me 12 weeks to lose 22 lbs.
    It's absolutely possible if you really want it.
    Good luck girl!
    If you need advice don't hesitate to reach out.
  • ClassicKayo
    SalMRiina wrote: »
    Took me 12 weeks to lose 22 lbs.
    It's absolutely possible if you really want it.
    Good luck girl!
    If you need advice don't hesitate to reach out.

That's awesome! Wtg. Thanks for the positivity
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Hello! First day of logging and I need some motivating people on here! I'm trying to lose 30lbs. I want to shot for 10lbs a month. Is this a realistic goal? Any tips? Help!

The usual recommendation on here is 1 to 1.5 lbs per week. With a maximum of 2 lbs per week, 30 lbs would be 15 weeks. A month being roughly 4 weeks, you'd expect to lose around 8 lbs per week, but some weeks might not be the same.
  • smittnkitten
    smittnkitten Posts: 15 Member
    I won't say it isnt possible but who knows. I'm trying for 20lbs so we're n the same boat. Shoot for the stars! You got this :)
  • anieves815
    anieves815 Posts: 26 Member
    I'm trying to lose 10lbs in the next month too so I'm right there with you! Add me so we can support each other :)
  • ClassicKayo
    That's awesome. Hard work will pay off!
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    I lost 19lbs in 3 months. Just be sure you're logging accurately, not undereating and realize that healthy weight loss takes time!
  • ClassicKayo
    Ok thanks for the info! I'll try my hardest to do it the right way. If 10lb isnt reached I won't beat myself up over it!