Stressed Out Mom Needing Support

Hi everyone.

I don't know where to start, so I thought I'd start here. I'm about 100 lbs. over where I'd like to be, weight wise. I'm insulin resistant, have PCOS (among other issues), and three children with Autism. I used to be pretty mobile for my size, but about 8 months ago some existing back issues got a lot worse, and now I struggle to stay mobile. I currently walk with a cane.

I know I need to do something, but the thought of it all is overwhelming and depressing. Surgery scares me, so I'd like to find something that I can stick to that works for me. So far, I've not found anything that is easy and effective.

Don't I sound like a catch, LOL. {waves}

Replies

• SoleTrainer60
    SoleTrainer60 Posts: 180 Member
    First of all, I tell everyone to take baby steps. One step at a time, one day at a time. Also, with three children, life can be stressful. Is there any way you can possibly have 30 minutes just for you? It doesn't seem like much, but it will be a start. In this 30 minutes you can make a plan that will work for you. If your doctor allows you to do light exercise, try for 15 minutes to start out. As you feel better, you can increase your time. Eat healthy and portion control. You will feel better physically and mentally. I wish you well. I know you can do this. :)
  • sadafamer
    sadafamer Posts: 2 Member
    You are already on a right track by having a realization that you need to do something fur yourself. Internal motivation is everything. I believe you can do anything from my heart. Already you are doing great with your kids.