Moderately active, one weekly big cheat day ok?

Options
2»

Replies

• Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Hey, just to chime in with the other responses - we're fairly similar in stats and when I was losing weight successfully before I'd have a "cycling" system for calories where I'd eat slightly less on some days (maybe days I wasm't that hungry for example) and then just add those missed calories to the end of the week and eat a much larger amount that day.

It worked (and still works) like a charm (I put the weight back on in a year for a WHOLE different number of reasons).

Anyway, in summary I lost over 20Ibs and 15% bodyfat eating that way. Now I have the same system and get a consistent loss every week.

One addendum though, I don't like the idea of "cheat" days. You're not "cheating" you're just cycling :)

(and calorie cycling has a nice background in terms of fat loss and a couple of other things if you fancy doing a google search).

Anyway, good luck with your loss!!
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I occasionally plan for a cheat MEAL. Usually now only once a month or so in the beginning it was about twice a month. I am very close to my goal so 1000 calories extra would be devastating to me. What I've found with having a cheat meal is that I can look forward to having something I miss and because I do it so seldom I don't eat too much because my stomach has stopped stretching out as much. If I eat too large a quantity of food I feel nauseated and uncomfortable. I think if I had a big cheat day a week my stomach would not have adjusted to smaller quantities of food. For you it may work differently but that's been my experience. Good luck.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Depends. I can safely have a 3K Sunday (I don't make it a regular thing lol) and still lose .75lbs of fat that week easily. If you think you're good with the psychological aspects (gaining 3lbs of water after and getting back to it anyway) and you're confident with the rest of your data sure. Obviously weight loss will be slower but still decent imo.
  • hinicetomeetyou
    hinicetomeetyou Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great responses, everyone!

Thank you. I going to try to stay within my weekly goal. That said, I adjusted it so that I'm set up to lose 1lb per week. This means that I would need 1550 calories per day, but after a big day consisting of 2500 then I'd have to eat less through the week.

Looking ahead, based on my numbers from yesterday and the prior day, I have about 6900 calories remaining for 5 days. That's just a little under 1400 calories per day till my new week begins.

I like having a day each week where I can eat whatever I like, so while this may not be the fastest route to my goal, if it works, then awesome!