What is going on?

Options
2»

Replies

• Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    When I hit a plateau, (usually every few weeks or so) sometimes I would go to my local country buffet and have a really good cheat meal complete with dessert. Then, I would go back to my normal calorie intake and I could almost guarantee a weight loss of a pound the following week. Not sure why, but it sometimes worked for me.

That's a pretty common phenomenon. We'd all like to think we're perfectly tuned machines that lose weight exactly in accordance with our daily calorie intake, but often it doesn't quite work that way in real life. Yes, over time it probably will, but not necessarily weekly or even monthly. I know plenty of people who swear by Big Macs and fries to break a stall.

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    @jemhh because a) he's the cook in the family b) we have at least 2 meals together every day c) we both freaking love food, tasting different flavors etc. When he tries to cook according to my calorie deficit, he ends up hangry and starving, or eating unhealthy snacks to fill up. It's a canandrum. I wonder how other couples handle that.

My boyfriend is 6'2", 185 and runs marathons. I'm 5'4" 144 and powerlift with no cardio. We literally just have to make different things sometimes. Or if he makes a grain, I have to double the veg and protein. He is a vegetarian too. We make it work. His and her portions :)
  • veronikamellon
    veronikamellon Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    [
    My boyfriend is 6'2", 185 and runs marathons. I'm 5'4" 144 and powerlift with no cardio. We literally just have to make different things sometimes. Or if he makes a grain, I have to double the veg and protein. He is a vegetarian too. We make it work. His and her portions :)

I talked to him about this idea and he said he can't do that because it feels like he is cheating me out food. Idk he is weird that way. It took me years to convince him that eating different things for breakfast (i love eggs and he dislikes them, for example) doesn't necessarily mean that I am looking for a divorce lawyer. Strange attachment issues? I guess he'll just have to graze when I'm not around.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    My hubby is 25kgs heavier than me and a couple inches taller, yet i eat more than him, plus he is still in the middle of his dinner when I've moved on to dessert, i eat very quickly, whereas he seems to chew every bite 20 times!. The difference is, that i am a hundred times more active than him, i doubt he would even get 2,000 steps in a day. He also eats nothing all throughout the day, and eats his lot at dinner and in to the evening, whereas my last bit of food is at 6:30pm at the latest.