Switching from weight watchers

Options
ballooney
ballooney Posts: 2 Member
WW not working for me. I did everything and I mean everything right on that program. I think the free fruit and veggies is a problem. I think that u don't get extra calories if needed from working out is a problem. I switched to here and in just a few days dropped a pound already. I log the calories for fruit and veggies. No food. is FREE. That's why I think my fitness pal is so much better. I was stressing with that whole points thing. WW new program? It can be a healthy meal and it costs too many points. Then it's easy to stress out seeing that toward end of the day, few points left and have to figure out what you can eat. I am much more relaxed with my fitness pal. I appreciate all of the encouraging posts as well.

Replies

• PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I've done WW before too. Lost 50lbs many years ago but the weight came back on as I stopped going to meetings and stopped tracking. Back then, you tracked your points on paper journals and I had just had a baby so it was too inconvenient. MFP works great in that it sustains you for a lifetime. You find out how many calories you need to lose and then maintain and as long as you stick with that, you're good!
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I never understood the "points" in WW. Also it bothered me that all of the food was in a box. I guess for some people that is acceptable, but, I just can't eat food that comes out of a box.

I make all of my food from scratch / fresh. I do buy some canned and frozen items (like tomatoes and beans). I use a pressure cooker almost every day and braise a lot of food. Most meals from start to finish is under 45 minutes. (I lake the Futura pressure cookers, BTW.)

I came to MFP from calorie count when they closed their website. I liked calorie count better - the algorithms for exercising / calories out made more sense to me. On here, I am not counting exercise.

Also, I have been trying to do Paleo / Keto (15% carbs/sugar; 45% protein; 40% fat). I have lost a lot (almost 40 lbs) without really exercising and I am not hungry. Anyway welcome to MFP. The community is pretty active.