Options
2»

Replies

• xproofx
    xproofx Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    bigr5705 wrote: »
    and spent 2 months losing 106lbs

This can't be correct. I just don't see how that's possible.
  • AidaF430
    AidaF430 Posts: 173 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    This is such an inspiring story. The fact that your wife joined you on the journey and now you are both healthier, is a priceless gift to your daughter. Not only will you see her graduate, but you'll be there to walk her down the aisle some day, and share in the joy of seeing your grandkids. Most importantly growing old with your beautiful wife and biggest supporter. Many blessings to your beautiful family and Congratulations, you both should be very proud!
  • QueenBee2018
    QueenBee2018 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for sharing your story, what a blessing to your family to literally reshape your life--and likely your daughters as well as children learn their habits from their parents.
  • vinceinalabama
    vinceinalabama Posts: 20 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I at one time lived up in Wisconsin. I didn't like going out in the freezing cold of Winter! I loved as a recluse basically. I'm positive I was at one time over 300 pounds! I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes about 6-7 years ago. Now that I live in a warmer climate I'm able to get out and do things year round! I weighed in the other day at my cardiologists' at 244 pounfs. Now my ultimate goal is to get down between 190-200. This is a long term goal. I'm thinking of making much smaller goals along the way so I can achieve my ultimate goal. Maybe 5 or 10 pounds at a time. :)
  • StephenB
    StephenB Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great job bro! You and your wife look great! Glad you approached this goal as a team. It definitely makes a difference. Keep up the great work :)
  • bisonpitcher
    bisonpitcher Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    xproofx wrote: »
    bigr5705 wrote: »
    and spent 2 months losing 106lbs

This can't be correct. I just don't see how that's possible.

When I was 280 lbs. I was losing about 3-5 pounds a week on avg. At 400+, I think it's definitely possible if you are consistent with a large calorie deficit and workouts.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!