Struggling to keep on track after breakup

Options
So a couple of weeks ago I broke up with my boyfriend of 4 years; it was something that had been coming for a while. Long story short; we couldn't give each other what we needed to have a happy future. We are still civil but I haven't seen him recently but still hear of him through mutual friends. He seems happy.
I'm am making this post today because it has been particularly difficult for me; I have felt real loneliness for the first time since the breakup and my appetite has been almost non existent today. (I'm usually a big eater)
That said the problem I've had has actually been going over my calorie goal more often than not over the last week or 2.
Last week I had a gain and I haven't particularly wanted to weigh myself this week (today should have been weigh day).
Anyway; I guess I'm just looking for some support this evening.
If anyone has struggled with their journey after a breakup; please share your story and how you got back on track

Replies

• TigerLily100
    TigerLily100 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I think most people will probably be able to relate to this.
    I gained a lot of weight when I got divorced, classic comfort eating.
    One thing I would say is give yourself a break, and don't put pressure on yourself to continue a diet if you don't feel up to it. There is always tomorrow.
    At the same time, look after yourself and if you're not eating properly due to stress which many people do, then keep logging so you can see the problem and make a conscious effort to give yourself the fuel you need.

It's normal to feel down, and it can be hard to pick yourself up and get on with life, and the reality is you won't do it until you're ready. For me, I literally woke up one day and said to myself, right quit the moping, you chose to end your marriage now get on with life and start living again.
    Even if a breakup is through your own choice, it doesn't stop the crap feeling that follows, but it doesn't last forever.

Take up some new interests, make new friends, and fill the void with something positive.
    I found learning to be happy as just me really helped, I learned to enjoy being single and literally discovered a whole new me. In hind sight, it was the best thing I ever did but at the time, I was a miserable moo and felt totally lost :(