Can B vitamins assist

Options
I don't know if vitamin B shots help with weight loss or not but I can tell you that Physicians Plan Weightloss and Wellness uses the shots. I have been going there for 2 weeks now and have lost 20lbs eating right and drinking lots of water within 2 weeks. I know I do have more energy now and that may just come with getting all the junk out of my body!! Anyway, maybe it does help.

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating per day?
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    *raises an eyebrow*

You lost 20lbs in two weeks. Do you really think that's a great idea?
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I don't know if vitamin B shots help with weight loss or not but I can tell you that Physicians Plan Weightloss and Wellness uses the shots. I have been going there for 2 weeks now and have lost 20lbs eating right and drinking lots of water within 2 weeks. I know I do have more energy now and that may just come with getting all the junk out of my body!! Anyway, maybe it does help.

If this is the same kind of plan my wife is on, you're eating about 800 cal/day. One can expect rapid weight loss in those circumstances with or without a surplus of B vitamin. Eating that little there's a chance you'd be actually deficient without supplementation, so it might be necessary in any event.

A surplus of any water-soluble vitamin just ends up in your urine. If they're giving you too much, it's just making for expensive pee. (A reasonable surplus, anyway. There are upper limits on how much you can take in without toxic side effects. If this is medically supervised, they should be giving you a safe dose though.)
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    Im on vitamin b12 shots for life as im unable to absorb it from food or oral supplimentation

I dont find it does anything for my weightloss, my calorie deficit does that