Strong Curves beginner here

Options
I just started Strong Curves today and I'm already impressed! I'm excited to move forward and can't wait to see the results that I gain from this program. Anyone else do Strong Curves? Any suggestions, tips, info? Thank you!!!!

Replies

• fit4life76
    fit4life76 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I don't have any tips but I'm in week 6 of the program and love it! I started it once before and i don't know why I didn't keep going. I'm getting great results, I do it from home so I have to change some of the exercises but it's working out great.
    Are you doing it at the gym or at home?
  • vjambois
    vjambois Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, are you still doing Strong Curves? I'm thinking about starting but it seems too simple somehow. Like all you see are these complex lifting programs and then there this one. Its simplicity is what makes me want to try it but I'm wondering what you think about the program so far?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    What makes you say it is simple? There are much more "simple" but effective lifting programs out there (by that I mean ones that focus only on 3 lifts). I've heard people consider SC to be complicated and fussy (meaning there is a lot of accessory work) so it is interesting to hear you say that. Don't be fooled by programs with a lot of fancy accessory/isolation work. Compound lifts will give you the most bang for your buck.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    vjambois wrote: »
    Hi ladies, are you still doing Strong Curves? I'm thinking about starting but it seems too simple somehow. Like all you see are these complex lifting programs and then there this one. Its simplicity is what makes me want to try it but I'm wondering what you think about the program so far?

It only looks simple. I did the bodyweight program for 6 weeks and it kicked my @ss, mostly because I suck at bodyweight everything. I feel like it was harder than the beginner's program (bootyful beginnings or whatever), which I also did for about 6 weeks. I liked the program, but I didn't love it. I only did it because I had to strengthen my glutes. Even after 3 years of deadlifts and squats, I wasn't activating them properly. The book is a wealth of information, though, even if you don't do the workouts.