Encouragement from a newbie!

Options
Levanaah
Levanaah Posts: 4 Member
So here I am sharing my achievements with other members as a way to say "keep on going, each and every step you take is a step forward".
A little about me...
For 11 long and horrible years I have been very ill, anything much more than breathing was often way too much for me. I was misdiagnosed with m.e/cfs and fibromyalgia and was more bedbound/sofa bound / housebound than up and around. Finally an error on my blood request form from the nurse meant my vitamin B12 was checked and finally I had the answer, I have pernicious anaemia/vitamin B12 deficiency.
I started injections Oct 2014 and then opted to self inject every 2 days for a year and 8 months until I felt as well as I possibly could. I am now injecting every 5-7 days as 1 injection every 12 weeks is like offering a drop of water in a drought. That regime saw me constantly crash around day 4 post injection.

Am I glad I took note of others with B12 deficiency as, not only am I upright every day, I am now on a mission to lose all the weight I gained from inactivity and eating quick fix foods! I have over 5 stones to lose

Just over 4 weeks since starting with my fitness pal and I am only 2lb short of losing a stone (14lb) and lots of inches from my body. Bigger than that though is my physical activity. I got back on a bike 2 weeks ago and today I moved up a rank from "leisure" cycling (<16kmph) to "light" cycling (16-19kmph.) I have been doing the same route/same distance 3 times a week. Initially I stopped a couple of times both outbound and inbound for the first and second time out, but then I pushed myself to make it without a stop apart from at the end of outbound to take on some water.

I cannot tell you how chuffed I was when "mapmyride" showed me today that I had covered 2.72km in 9.34 mins at a speed of 17.1kmh. I squealed so loud that the tunnel at the end of my ride echoed.

I know that with time, eating regularly and healthily my weight will lessen and exercise will get easier. I am beginning to feel alive again and I am getting that post exertional buzz.

If I can do this then so can you, now I need some fitness pal friends so please stop by and say "Hi"

Replies

• judydj1220
    judydj1220 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you were finally diagnosed with the right condition! And good for you for your improving health! I'll send you a friend request.
  • KEVKansas2017
    KEVKansas2017 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great story. Thank you for sharing.
  • poppysierra
    poppysierra Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Good for you and good luck on your journey back to health and a new life! I'm sending you a friend request.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!