Leg Day Question

Options
I have been looking up exersizes for toning and slimming my legs, and I have a question. my right foot turns out about 45 degrees because of a wakboarding accident when I was 16. Because of this it is very hard to keep my ballance and proper form when doing exersizes that require me to do one side then the other (like lunges). Does anyone suggest any alternitave exersizes that could give the same results but are done either lying/sitting down or on both feet? Or is there an inexpensive brace I could by to hold my foot straight while working out. There is no medical reason to have my foot fixes, as it does not cause any discomfort or prevent my from walking properly, so please no advice on surgery or doctors as my insurance won't cover it.

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Can you do squats at all? There are so many variations but I'd probably start with goblet squats.

A single leg exercise you might try is step ups, which you can do with the step in front of you or beside you. Since you can do them with bodyweight only and a shorter step to start, they might be a good starting point.
  • bethpaige86
    bethpaige86 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I didn't know there were multiple types of squats. I have done them before, as long as I really consontraite on my balance I can do them.

I didn't even think about steps, like the old school work out videos! That could totally work. If I end up drifting a bit to the right it would really matter.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,565 Member
    Options
    Exercise doesn't "slim" your legs. That's what calorie deficit is for. Now you can firm up the muscle underneath with lifting.

Step ups and single leg leg presses are options.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png