Calculating my own calories burned do I have the math right?

Options
Just checking that I have the math correct on calculating my calorie burn per-day with my exercise level.
Doing a 30 day time period. I lost 17.5 pounds. I eat roughly 1350 calories per day with very little fluctuation.

So that would be
17.5 x 3500 = 61,250
61,250 / 30 = 2,041
2,041 + 1,350 = 3,391 calories burned per day correct?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Unless it's your first month, which includes a lot of water weight loss, yes. But you should be eating at least 1500 and aiming for no more than 2 pounds a week (less if you don't have much to lose).
  • SeikoMonster
    SeikoMonster Posts: 105 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Thanks,
    Not my first month, I've lost 80 pounds so far this year (146 since 2014). Not at my half way point yet.

I understand the reasoning behind 2 pounds a week, and making it a lifestyle change etc. That makes sense when you have 30 pounds to loose, not 200+. As I approach a reasonable wight, Ill make additional changes including a more broad diet. Right now the very simple potatoes and chicken is working for me. Still not sick of it, and full everyday.

I've just added in some weight lifting in addition to the few miles of walking everyday. I can never tell with the various calculators what activity level to pick.