Who else goes to gym @4am?

Options
1chuy
1chuy Posts: 96 Member

Replies

• rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    If there was a decent one on my way to work that was open that early, I would go.

There is a LA Fitness close to my office, but they don't open until 5AM I go past there around 4-4:30 since I like
    to get to work by. 5ish. There are other places that are open 24/7 but they have no pool or spa and that's what
    I want ifmim spending money to join.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I used to when I lived at an apartment that had a 24-hour gym. I did it to avoid the guy that came like an hour later and WOULD NOT LEAVE ME ALONE. I'm working out and breathing hard and he wanted to talk. GAH.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I have done it before but not regularly. I plan on doing it this Wed because I'm supposed to go out Wed night and I really need to lift. So, 4AM it is! I'll get it out of the way.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4:30 and go out for a run. Funny thing is I run right past my 24 hour gym downtown but never go in. I have been a member 20 years or so but rarely go in. It is owned by a friend and customer so I just keep it for the fun of it, I think its $20.00 a month. I do intend on getting back to where I run 3 1/2 miles, do a set of Nautilus and run the last mile home. I was in great shape when I did that. Right now I am more into running and try to do 6 miles five days a week.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Yep
  • 1chuy
    1chuy Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    That's what I'm talking about feels good after you get out to ready to start the day
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I do my body weight exercises then. I am better about getting cardio in after work because I get more calories to eat. Feel less motivated to do strength work later in the day.

Not actually going to a gym, tho. Just out to the living room. :)

Down 140lbs: My story.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I do... and apparently everyone else in my gym does :grumble:
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    4am?! What time do you all go to bed?!
  • ItsBetterThisWay
    ItsBetterThisWay Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    zdyb23456 wrote: »

10 pm maybe? You do know if you sleep on time you can afford to get up real early :wink:
  • hnstotler
    hnstotler Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm there! I go to bed around 8 or 9 ideally. Get up around 2:45.
  • ItsBetterThisWay
    ItsBetterThisWay Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    There was a time when I worked out that early. Loved it. By 5:30 I already felt like I've conquered my day lol. These days my workouts are pretty late but I'm aiming to return back to those days. Well done for the commitment brother!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    zdyb23456 wrote: »

Around 10ish.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Man, I thought 5:45 was early. My gym is my garage, so I literally roll out of bed and throw on a pair of shorts and flip flops to lift. More attire required on run days.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4:45 am. I need to be in at work by 6:30. Just not enough time for a 2-2.5 heavy lifting workout. Wish I could.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I work out at home at 4 am. I go to bed at about 10:30. I usually wake up about 11 and find the TV on so that's a good guess.