Feel like not eating...share inspirational quotes/photos?

Options
Verity1111
Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
edited May 2017 in Motivation and Support
History of ED and I'm currently depressed. It kills my appetite 100%. I can go days or weeks without food or the will to eat if I fall in that which I haven't in years... But being mistreated often. Just need some inspiration. Some kindness. P.S. Phone may have put this in wrong forum. Meant for Motivation and Support. Not seeing it there.

Replies

• Verity1111
    edited May 2017
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    You look like you could use a hug. :smile:

hug.gif

I'm not big on pets in real life but that's sweet on screen. Thanks for sharing and I def could use a hug... I feel very unappreciated and unwanted lately. I work so hard and seem to get talked down to anyway. Also, I want that bear.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »

hug.gif

I'm not big on pets in real life but that's sweet on screen. Thanks for sharing and I def could use a hug... I feel very unappreciated and unwanted lately. I work so hard and seem to get talked down to anyway. Also, I want that bear.

You work amazingly hard to keep yourself and your family together. You're working against odds that would make most people I know, myself included, crumble into little heaps of misery and just want to cry. You're doing everything you can to give your kids the best possible chance in life and considering what you've shared about them, that's anything but an easy job.

Anyone who talks down to you is a piece of *kitten*.

In my opinion, you're one hell of an amazing person and the people who aren't treating you like deserve, simple don't deserve you in their life.

/rant
  • Verity1111
    Options

hug.gif

You work amazingly hard to keep yourself and your family together. You're working against odds that would make most people I know, myself included, crumble into little heaps of misery and just want to cry. You're doing everything you can to give your kids the best possible chance in life and considering what you've shared about them, that's anything but an easy job.

Anyone who talks down to you is a piece of *kitten*.

In my opinion, you're one hell of an amazing person and the people who aren't treating you like deserve, simple don't deserve you in their life.

/rant

Thank you. That's kind. I wish I felt that way. I just feel like I'm never doing enough.
  • elizarizo
    elizarizo Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    bt6ikpx52apy.png
  • Verity1111
    Options
    elizarizo wrote: »
    bt6ikpx52apy.png

Lol. I do like tortillas.
  • Nikitazilla
    Nikitazilla Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Eating is like brushing your teeth, you do it because it's good for you. You wouldn't let your children go days with out food because they didn't feel like it. So pick a food, pick a time , and eat. It's smart to eat! C'mon, do it! Good luck!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I have to ask. Do you not collapse/faint after a week of not eating? Or even a few days? Because that is dangerous. I'd just be forcing myself to eat.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    History of ED and I'm currently depressed. It kills my appetite 100%. I can go days or weeks without food or the will to eat if I fall in that which I haven't in years... But being mistreated often. Just need some inspiration. Some kindness. P.S. Phone may have put this in wrong forum. Meant for Motivation and Support. Not seeing it there.

Thus concerns me. If you mean you are being mistreated by someone else, please reach out to your doctor or a help line. There are resources to help you.
    Are you under medical treatment for the ED and depression?
  • Verity1111
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I have to ask. Do you not collapse/faint after a week of not eating? Or even a few days? Because that is dangerous. I'd just be forcing myself to eat.

In the past? I haven't done that in forever. Ed is in my past even if I try not to relapse on rare occasions. No I definitely didn't. I went ten days once without food and five without food or sleep..those were like the first times. So a couple weeks or a week at a time were the most usually I went with literally not one bite. I felt fine physically. I was just very unmotivated to do anything and depressed I guess. That was a long time ago. I have kids now. The most I've had issues now is a day maybe two if I'm stressed because it hurts my stomach and I feel sick. I have a severe anxiety disorder (general) plus OCD which is another form of anxiety so my nerves turn into physical ailments half the time. Sometimes now I do get dizzy if I get busy and forget to eat, but I have never fainted in my life. And I don't stop eating all together just because I feel insecure now or for the reasons I did before. It's more because of lain now and stress. It takes away my appetite and I get cramps etc unless I relax.
  • Verity1111
    edited May 2017
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »

Thus concerns me. If you mean you are being mistreated by someone else, please reach out to your doctor or a help line. There are resources to help you.
    Are you under medical treatment for the ED and depression?

No. Therapy never helped me honestly because mine was always triggered by everyday experiences and people. As long as no one was verbally attacking me as a kid or an adult I didn't really have depression. I feel good today so I'm not dwelling on it. Also my ED I pretty much handled myself. Told my Dr cried to one once bawling when pregnant even and no one ever treated me for it.