Fasting and hunger

Options
2»

Replies

• Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I started doing Intermittent Fasting about 2.5 months ago. I just don't eat breakfast. I do have black coffee. I did it for two reasons. #1 I wanted to lose the last little bit of body fat and thought I'd try something that supposedly helps. #2 Not eating breakfast allowed me to have bigger meals at lunch and dinner.

I kept my calorie intake the same before and after.

For the first several weeks I was hungry until lunch, but after that it got much easier and it doesn't bother me much right up until the early afternoon sometimes. Since I reached my goal weight I've been increasing calories on a lean bulk and have found that I might have something small for breakfast to increase my calories.

I found that having simple carbs in the morning increased my hunger. Toast, cereal, sugar in my coffee definitely does it. Prior to starting IF I discovered the benefits of having protein in the morning to help keep me satiated until lunch and it definitely works. Try switching your breakfast to include some high protein. Perhaps an egg on toast instead of cereal.
  • greenzgal
    greenzgal Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The first 3 days of IF are the hardest after that it gets easier. If I can do it anyone can as I'm a big foodie!! Lol. I've been doing it a week now and have lost 2lbs but that is combined with exercise. I go to the gym 4/5 times a week and spend max 45 minutes doing cardio. I only eat one evening meal. You don't have to be as drastic as me you can maybe skip breakfast and have lunch and dinner. Good luck :)
  • shazi89
    shazi89 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    shazi89 wrote: »
    I do IF, make sure your evening meal is nutritional. I drink coffee, tea and water until around 3pm and then eat. It definitely get easier.

What is IF?

Intermittent fasting.