Q AND A 'Is it Ok to lose up to 40 lbs in one month?'

Options

Replies

• Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Mishtia wrote: »
    Thanks for the opinions and answers! I got one more question, when do i have to eat a lot? After workout or before?

You can eat anytime...but you need 1200 net calories unless a doctor says you can eat less. NET means the amount you ate and did not burn off with exercise (you eat some of the exercise calories back)
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    OP, if you're still around, don't bother with the apple cider vinegar. It's really bad for your teeth.
  • cyprant
    cyprant Posts: 14 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I have to disagree with the naysayers... I am not a nutritionis or anything but here's my story how I lost 35 lbs in 23 days eating 1800 calories a day. I started at 275 and within about 3 weeks I lost 35lbs. I'm a 6'1" male 31 years old.

Breakfast: 2/3 cup steel cut oats with cinnamon and stevia OR 4 eggs.

Snack: 2 pieces of fruit.

Lunch: 5 cups spring mix/spinach with 8 ounces grilled cicken seasoned with Mrs. Dash.

Snack 18 almonds or protein bar.

Dinner: 8 ounces turkey meatballs (homemade) seasoned with Mrs. Dash. 20 spears asparagus. Salad with whatever veggies I want.

Snack: 3 cups skinny pop seasoned with mrs. Dash. Or sunshine frozen bar

I cut out all dairy, gluten, and really watched my sodium. Drank 120 ounces of water a day (or more)

I did not do any extra exercising at all.

Is anything here unhealthy?

I felt great, had more energy than ever, felt happier and was sleeping better. I also didn't have any cravings for bread, sugar, or fatty foods like I used to...
  • tiffaninghs
    tiffaninghs Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    it is NOT UNHEALTHy!! its probably acidic waste and water weight anyways!!!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Um, what?
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options

No, no, no, no. OP is barely overweight and with little to lose should NOT be aiming for 40lbs a month - that WOULD be unhealthy at her size.

Acidic waste? What kind of junk woo is that?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

What's acidic waste?
  • Hoshiko
    Hoshiko Posts: 179 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

How does that work? It's May, and almost all of Asia is in the northern hemisphere, and the bits that aren't are tropical, so not really "summer" and "winter."

I dunno, ask OP. I have no idea where she's located but she mentioned it in her second post.

WHY I WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT: summer here on asia is almost done and classes are starting soon and i realize i don't want my body anymore and classes are going to start 2nd week of june. Time is running out and i don't want to seat down all day doing nothing.

But I will add that tropical regions do have summer and winter, they just have less of a temperature gradient and more of a rainy season.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,255 Member
    Options
    When I weighed 385 lb, and was eating under 1000 calories a day, I still didn't lose 40 lb in a month. It can't be done. It definitely can't be done at your current weight. It exceptionally definitely can't be done in a healthy way.

It sounds like you're looking for a quick fix, but the only thing that works is a lifestyle change.
  • Erotyka
    Erotyka Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I know I'm sort of echoing what's been said throughout - but scientifically, no, you won't lose 40 in a month. At my highest weight I lost about 25lbs in 5 weeks or so. But I was 224lbs, so that makes a lot of sense. Higher BMR and big water loss.

Your stats are pretty similar to mine (I'm 161cm and 139lbs) and feasibly you can sensibly lose 5-10lbs at most in that time. I typically lose up to 8lbs/month at the moment. At our heights, even a few lbs is noticeable.

Don't go below 1200 (you'll feel horrible, it's not worth it), and do remember that progress is progress - these things take time but they're worth it in the end.
This discussion has been closed.