I always get stuck

Options
davenfarts88
davenfarts88 Posts: 26 Member
edited May 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello everyone I'm stuck at 275 and not moving down I am eating about 1000-1100 calories a day I log everything even if I enjoy a candy or extra coffee .. I workout three to four days a week at the gym. I'm on phentermine and I have gone down 10lbs but I always stall at 275 my a1c levels are good old work is great so I'm just confused any tips on how to get over this slump?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    How long do you get 'stuck'? Weight loss isn't linear and 2-3 weeks stalls are not uncommon (especially for women who gain water around their period).
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    you say you are logging everything, but are you weighing everything you eat?? your weight cannot stall at 275 if you are truly eating 1000 calories per day.
  • davenfarts88
    Options
    I have portion cups and I log everything I'm definitely sure of calorie intake I don't add my calories burnt I just exercise so I'm not too sure what you mean by that ?does not getting enough protein maybe hold me back ? I eat mostly veggies boiled eggs salad with vinegar whole grain crackers or wraps all my meat is baked :/
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Also, open your diary so that we can see if your logged food seems to be good database entries. Everything from your failure to use a digital scale for weighing food to failing to weigh meat and pasta raw can make a difference. Even logging a fun size candy as mini is counter to your goals.
  • davenfarts88
    Options
    I've been at between 274 and 276 for the past two almost three weeks i am not accounting for period maybe that's what is going on
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Portion cups are not accurate like using digital food scales - someone hopefully will post the video that shows an example of how far they can be off.
    How long is this stall been? at your weight 1100 calories is minuscule to eat per day IF that is was you were truly eating so something is not right with your logging.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I have portion cups and I log everything I'm definitely sure of calorie intake I don't add my calories burnt I just exercise so I'm not too sure what you mean by that ?does not getting enough protein maybe hold me back ? I eat mostly veggies boiled eggs salad with vinegar whole grain crackers or wraps all my meat is baked :/

Ditch the cups and get a cheap food scale from Amazon or Walmart. Weight loss is all about a calorie deficit, not protein or "healthy" food. You can still eat in a surplus with those items. And cups are highly inaccurate due to inconsistencies in volume.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Women can fluctuate a lot during their period, personally I go up 3lbs, I've heard others can go up much more. But that is a temporary fluctuation, it lasts no more than 4 or 5 days.
  • davenfarts88
    Options
    Almost 3 weeks and thank you I will look in to a food scale today :) I appreciate insight
  • davenfarts88
    Options
    How do I open diary ?
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Almost 3 weeks and thank you I will look in to a food scale today :) I appreciate insight

When you get it, make sure to weigh everything, including prepackaged items that already have calorie info on the package. Legally they can be up to 20% off on posted weight, which means more or less calories (usually more). That's typically the second hold up on stalls.
  • davenfarts88
    Options
    Thank you all and I've opened my settings
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    You are so mindful and asking the right questions and taking everyone's advice! You will get there! Keep logging and reading what everyone says! You will be unstuck soon -- you are here, asking questions, and doing the right thing!!
  • davenfarts88
    Options
    Thank you and I know I have a long road ahead of me but I'm beyond ready to be healthy I can say this I feel so much better I sleep better I wake better I am so much happier just changing what I have thus far thank you and have a great day
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    right off the bat I'm seeing stuff like "half banana" or "one large grapefruit" - that's the stuff that needs to be weighed and you'll see a major difference.
  • davenfarts88
    Options
    Right on thank you :)
  • davenfarts88
    Options
    Any suggestions on where I can download a guide to weights? Please and thank you
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Calories seem way too low. I'm 275, I shoot for 1600 daily. Eat balanced, add an extra day of exercise....push yourself a little harder. Sleep! Water! Talk to a nutritionist.
  • allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    You've only got 11 days of logging calories, so my suggestion would be to keep on keeping on for another couple weeks. You've got enough theoretical deficit at 275 and 1,000 calories a day that even with a lot of slop in your logging, you'll eventually see movement again.

That said, there is a lot of slop in your logging. Even if you had a scale, entries like 0.2 ounces of chicken breast and 0.06 ounces of cheese make me suspicious.

Also also, most days you're getting hardly any protein or fiber.