Problems with overeating

Hello everyone! I have problems and wanna help. I was too thin (45 kg 168 cm ) a few months and doctor said to me that i should gain some weight to have my cycle again ( i still have problems with). I started to eat more (healthy food) but now i understand that its became a habit. I can't stop eat sometimes and think that I'm too fat now. I don't want what to do..

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Feeling like you are overweight isn't the same as being overweight. Find a healthy weight and learn to love that weight.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited May 2017
    what are your current stats and how many cals are you eating?
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited May 2017
    Undereating for a long time and being at a low weight usually results in some extreme hunger for a while once normal eating commences. You can probably do better if you eat maintenance calories or a bit over. Be sure you are eating enough calories your age, current weight and your height. You might consult google to find out what your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) or the amount of calories you need to fuel your body. Remember, if you have undereaten and were at a very low weight ( 7 stone is very underweight for your height btw) over the last year or so, you will probably require more than your maintenance calories for a while, as you probably need some repair calories for bone density, nerves, hair, the sorts of things that were neglected from your body being without enough energy from calories, while you weren't eating enough. If you could talk to someone who specializes in eating disorders, that would be great too! Best wishes, and remember; its not hopeless, the damage from undereating can be repaired with food and rest.
  • dadsafrantic
    dadsafrantic Posts: 186 Member
    you know, kaiser probably has a group for that. o:) seriously though getting your doc to refer you to a dietitian may be a place to start. just remember they know everything about nutrition and in my experience not much about food. they tend to be pretty rigid in their ideas about what is normal and safe. a good example is carbs. they will say to eat tons of carbs. really your body could create all the carbs it needs itself.
  • chibir1ku
    chibir1ku Posts: 6 Member
    I agree with all the above. My 2 cents: you can try weight lifting. (Assuming you don't already). Talk to a trainer about your goals, and rest assured you won't bulk unless you want to. What will happen is, you will gain weight in form of lean mass (yay for being healthy) AND look awesome and pretty thin at the same time (yay for meeting personal standards).
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    I think it needs to be established if you just think you are fat because you are used to seeing yourself underweight or if there is actually an issue here with overeating.

I have a sneaking suspicion it's the former and not the latter.