Belly fat

Options
Hello everyone!

I'm almost 19 yrs old and right now I have 65 kg. I've joined the gym like 1 week ago and I've lost about 2kg (I have 67kg before). I'm mostly doing cardio (losing like 300-400 calories), walking all day (trying to be active as much as possible) and watching what I eat.

My fitnesspal says I should stay below 1590 to lose 1kg weekly but in the end of the day (with or without adding the calories lost at the gym I remain with 300-400 calories I could eat). I'm eating healthy and I watch my proteins and so on.

At the gym I'm doing abs workout, I have some apps on my phone ( 30 day challenge, caynax, 7 minute abs ) and I saw few popular youtube videos for abs workout. There are pretty the same exercises.

Anyway, I feel like I'm doing something wrong. Like, I know if I want to lose belly fat I need to lose weight but I feel like I will have less weight that it's normal for my age.

Any ideas or workout for losing belly fat and get a 6 pack?

Thank you!

Replies

• Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    If you want a 6 pack, maintain a calorie deficit and I highly recommend you start lifting. Also, I wouldn't aim for that rate of loss. I would drop to about a 500 calorie deficit at most. I assume you want to get lean rather than just skinny.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    If you're have fat around your waistline and you're not underweight, then you lack lean muscle mass and store fat around your waist genetically first. Doing ab workouts aren't going to reduce the fat, it's just going to condition your ab muscles. As mentioned you have to be in a deficit to lose stored body fat, but that body fat comes off from all over the body. If you don't want to be to skinny, get into a weight resistance training program.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png