What are your favorite breakfast meals?

Options
JodyTran
JodyTran Posts: 8 Member
Hello everyone! I am relatively new to this who diet/ healthy living routine. I am curious about what kind of breakfast you all start off with in the morning. My calorie goal is 1880. I usually have 2 large scrambled eggs, tsp of land o lakes butter, 1 slice of beefsteak rye (lightly buttered) and 1 cup of orange juice. I switched this morning to 2 cups of rice chex but the sodium is way too high! Higher than my egg/ toast breakfast! Looking for some new and healthy ideas!

Replies

• NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Omelet using egg whites or whole eggs
    Boiled eggs
    Oatmeal
    Turkey sausage
    Precooked bacon
    Cheese toast using 40 calorie bread
    Sautéed veggies topped with fried egg (fry my egg in nonstick skilled sprayed with no stick spray)
    Protein shake
    Yogurt - 100 calorie protein
    Fiber one bars
    Fast food - I go for egg white delight
  • floridamatty
    floridamatty Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    2 eggs cooked in spray oil
    4 or 5 oz homemade sausage (turkey or pork) I did this to remove the vast amount of sodium in sausage
    8oz Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
    62g of protein powder

it seems you have a very high carb breakfast between the bread,cereal and orange juice i would say beware the orange juice expecially, even though its from oranges its high in sugar and carbs.
    My advice, is weigh everything you eat, buy a small digital scale and you will be surprised at what you thought a serving was to actually what one is. Also reduce your carbs and up your protein, avoid as much processed food as possible
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Some of my go-to breakfasts:
    Greek yogurt
    Mini egg frittatas
    Overnight oats
    Steel cut oats with fruit & protein powder
    Bagel thin with whipped cream cheese and lox
    Mashed avocado on toast
    Blueberry pancakes (I eat mine with Greek yogurt instead of syrup)
    Scrambled eggs & veggies
    Leftovers from yesterday
    Eggs on toast
    Fried egg on a sandwich slim with cheese
    Protein shake with fruit, yogurt, & protein powder
    Fried egg on a multigrain waffle
    Fried egg and hummus on a toasted sandwich thin
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I usually just have my coffee with half n half and 2 tsp sugar and a 100 calorie high protein yogurt. On weekends, I tend to have toast and fried eggs :)
  • bobshuckleberry
    bobshuckleberry Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Poached eggs on toast make on 21 seed high fibre bread
    21 seed high fibre bread with natural peanut butter and honey
    Smoothie with greek yogurt, spinach, fruit, frozen berry and whey protein powder
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Egg and cheese omelette with 1 Nature's Path or Van's waffle and 1 Trader Joe's slim bagel
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Most days I have 1/2 cup of oats, two tsp sugar, cinnamon, two cups black coffee and a banana. Sometimes, I have a full fat greek yogurt instead of the oatmeal.
  • JodyTran
    Options
    Thank you for all of your input. It's obvious that I am clueless to what I am doing! I have lost 9 lbs so far, but I bet I could be doing better with more research! I have cut out all soda and I am doing great with portion control. I'm just not eating the right way yet.
  • Franacious
    Franacious Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    @floridamatty - How do you make your own sausage? I'd like to give that a whirl!
  • JodyTran
    Options
    fclark11 wrote: »
    @floridamatty - How do you make your own sausage? I'd like to give that a whirl!

I was curious about that too!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    This morning I made poached eggs and served them over Scottish oats with parmesan cheese sprinkled over. So good.
  • stacief82
    stacief82 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    half a cup of light vanilla greek yogurt (112g), with a serving of PB2 mixed in, topped with half a serving of Kashi cereal. It is 205 calories, but you could easily double the amounts for a more substantial breakfast (I am only eating 1200-1300 calories a day and I prefer to eat more at dinner)
  • Jolenepiche
    Jolenepiche Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My breakfasts are usually :smile:

Sprouted wheat toast, half avocado mash an egg and lemon zest
    Chia bowl with yogurt, almond milk, chia and fruit and cinnamon

A green smoothie with protein powder and i add ground flax seeds

Or steel cut oats, with almond milk, fruit and cinnamon.

I'm pretty boring and it often is one of these ideas but I truly crave a bagel with peanut butter and a banana!

• bradotherson313
    bradotherson313 Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
  • Odiliawine
    Odiliawine Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    We make homemade protein bars for breakfast, mostly because we're normally in a rush to get out of the house in the morning!

This week the protein bars have been made of peanut butter, rolled oats, honey, banana chips and dried cranberries! It tastes like a delicious PB&J! You can also add other things like flax seed (You don't even really taste them) protein powder, vanilla extract or anything else to spruce them up!
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    When I wake up in the morning, I make my cappuccino using my coffee machine and have a piece of fruit. Then I use my bike for an hour, after which I will have scoop of protein powder with a cup of skim milk. If I don't have a protein shake, then I have a protein bar which is usually a quest bar (I try and have 20grams of protein after my bike).

On the weekends I love fresh bread and butter from the bakery! Yummy.
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    pancakes! carb, protein and fat all in one package!
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    coco pops....