Training for a challenge?

Options
Steve25k
Steve25k Posts: 125 Member
I'd like to build a friendship community of people who are training for something. Each year I seem to agree to some sort of challenge, which helps me keep a focus on my health. Last year I didn't do it and I'm about 10kg heavier, so this year I've signed up to a 10 mile run - the Great South Run in the UK.

In the past I've run half marathons, I've done open water swims, I've cycled to Germany, through Wales, across England, I've also raced a taxi up a mountain. Most of these have been silly, fun challenges just me and a friend or two - nothing too extreme.

I love reading about challenges and the things people put them through - I find it really motivational.

So, if you're training for something, whether big or small, please add me.

Many thanks
Steve

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i'm training for my second half marathon which is a week on sunday...

my challenges for this year are to run 500 miles and to cover 1000 miles walking/running/biking and i'm over half way there on both already!
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I'm a cyclist returning from a 2 1/2 year layoff, and right now I'm mainly focused on getting back down to my riding weight before concentrating on performance. Depending on how that goes, there's a century ride here in November every year (the Horrible Hundred in central Florida) that I plan on targeting.

I'm always happy to add people who are training for something in addition to and/or instead of losing weight to help with motivation.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    My next challenge is a century ride in your neck of the woods this Sunday - an Audax event around the New Forest.

Downside is that the training is impacting my bench press bodyweight x 1.5 challenge.
    Think at my current rate of progress that challenge might last all year! :(
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I've got a few runs coming up but they are all prep for trail hilly half in October. It will be my biggest challenge to date.
  • camoballerina91
    camoballerina91 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm training for my first marathon, planned for next March. I haven't scheduled any yet, but I'll probably add in a few small races before then to help me train.