Options
caseymarie0981
caseymarie0981 Posts: 4 Member
edited May 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all,
Not really sure where to start... My name is Casey and I'm 35. I have struggled with my weight since I can remember. My depression and anxiety don't help. I started my weight loss journey 6 years ago when I hit my highest weight at 430 and I learned I had PCOS. My husband and I wanted to start a family which was not possible at the weight I was at. I joined my fitness pal, cut my food intake and started exercising. I successfully lost 70 pounds and we as doing well then on Christmas Eve 2013 I lost my husband Steven after 10 years of marriage. My high school sweetheart passed away due to complication of the flu and double pneumonia. I spiraled out of control after that. I spent a while year lost and I still am not sure what I really did that first year. I guess I just survived. I started to come out of that dark place in mid 2015 and by the end of 2015 I was back to myself and ready to live my life again. I focused mostly on getting myself together mentally and financially​. I met a great guy who supported me in everything I did in early 2016. My life is very different then where I saw it 6 years ago but I couldn't be happier where I am except for one thing.....this weight and finding the love I need for myself. My current weight is right at 360 and I'm ready to shed this weight and work on loving myself again. Life has been a rollercoaster for me but I am finally ready to take this weight off for good and love myself as much as the people in my life do. I would love to find some friends to help motivate and encourage me as well as do the same in return. I would also love any advice or tips people would be willing to share. Ready to dig deep and take the rest of my life back. I have a second chance to build the future I felt robbed of and one step towards it is losing this weight that holds me down. Thanks for reading my story.

Replies

• lisaweir211180
    lisaweir211180 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow this is such a sad story but with a happy ending for you I hope. I to suffer with depression and over the last few year have gained 3 half stone that I really want to loss so I feel like me again this is my first day using the app but if I can help I will good luck X