Replies

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    bowens5991 wrote: »
    C25K will help you with your run.

I have used similar programs over the years. and I'm on it again.

I thought about using c25k again but I'm trying to find ways to get better at self motivation. Yesterday I ran more than I would have on c25k because I was able to push myself past what I normally "think" I can do. I think it will feel the best if I can run for 2 miles knowing I didn't need an app or someone telling me what to do; just my own self discipline and perseverance.

The app is a training protocol...and a good one. My wife is a runner and she started with C25k...she primarily does 1/2 marathons now and follows training plans for those as well...structured training protocols are golden...pretty much all athletes follow them.

ETA: Marine Corps 1993...but I was coming right out of high school and I was a competitive athlete from 2nd grade through my senior year in track and field among other sports.

A structured program includes those reminders to rest and recover... It's hard when you're younger... But ultimately injury prevention is the fastest way to get faster

Indeed...particularly if they've never been coached and don't understand the value of structure and following a protocol for improvement. It's the most efficient way to get better...and yes, prevent injury with proper recovery which is where you get those improvements.

Took me 15 years to figure that out... And I still don't always get it.
  • Delaine1130
    Delaine1130 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Congrats on this new journey!
    I enlisted in the Air Force reserve in February. Currently DET, I'm still waiting on Bmt dates.
  • bowens5991
    bowens5991 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congrats on this new journey!
    I enlisted in the Air Force reserve in February. Currently DET, I'm still waiting on Bmt dates.

The best to you as well!!