To lose 1 lb I need to burn how much?

Options
2»

Replies

• kmaf2018
    kmaf2018 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Its not posting my whole post haha! Yes I want to lose body fat, I still dont get it
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    KMAF00 wrote: »
    Its not posting my whole post haha! Yes I want to lose body fat, I still dont get it

Don't use smileys if you're posting from your phone. It causes the post to truncate.
  • fattothinmum
    fattothinmum Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Also bear in mind, that some of us, TDEE or not, will gain on 1480 a day. Be honest with your intake and if you're not losing on that calorie limit, adjust it down bit by bit, or increase exercise.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    KMAF00 wrote: »
    So I updated my goal settings on MFP to lose 2lb a week and confirmed I am Active and this gave me 1290 calories per day - would this mean that I could EAT my exercises calories?

with only 5-7lbs to lose you should NOT be trying to lose 2lbs a week. the less weight you have to lose the less you should be trying to lose.2 lbs @that little bit of weight if you did lose that much in a week would result in losing some muscle and that doesnt mean you would lose 2lbs of fat either.set your goal to .5(1/2) lb a week and lose it slowly.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Also bear in mind, that some of us, TDEE or not, will gain on 1480 a day. Be honest with your intake and if you're not losing on that calorie limit, adjust it down bit by bit, or increase exercise.

Only people who are very short and very sedentary or have thyriod problems would gain on 1480. People who gain on that are usually just eating more than they think.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

Only people who are very short and very sedentary or have thyriod problems would gain on 1480. People who gain on that are usually just eating more than they think.

if a person has a metabolic disorder they could possibly gain on that as well. or those who have yo-yo dieted most of their life/those who have eating disorders(which means BMR could be lower than it should be).
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Do you have some indication that the OP, or anyone else in this thread, would be an outlier that has such a low TDEE? Because that would be a situation reserved for someone with a medical condition and/or someone extremely petite and/or extremely sedentary.