Party

Options
Before starting out I would go out every weekend and have quite a bit of alcohol then food on the way home. I havent been drinking since New Year.

I have a party this weekend, and do want to have a few drinks. My weigh day is Saturday and party is Saturday night dont want to ruin next week from one night, does anyone have any lower cal drinks ideas?

Replies

• Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Go on la croix sparkling water's website: http://www.lacroixwater.com/recipes/ and use some of the really good looking recipes there! If they don't sell La croix near you, I suppose any sparkling water of the appropriate flavor would do!
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    When I want to imbibe (which admittedly is very infrequently!) I have a mojito, or Rum and Diet Coke.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Rum and Diet Coke is my go-to!
  • jackjackattck
    jackjackattck Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I typically get vodka soda with a lime, which depending on the grade of vodka is about 50-80 calories per drink. Make sure it is NOT tonic water because that has a ton of sugar and calories, but soda water is zero. Or as others have suggested, rum and diet coke is good too! Essentially any liquor type with diet soda or soda water is always a good bet. I also drink red wine, which has more calories than straight liquor for sure but has antioxidants and is definitely less calories than a strong beer or cocktail.
  • angej2
    angej2 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Vodka soda and lime. But I just drink what I like, if I know I am going to have a few glasses of wine on the weekend I just have a day where I eat fewer calories during the week so it doesn't impact my progress.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Just a heads up. If you're like a lot of people here, myself included, through a combination of weight loss and drinking less, you'll have become a bit of a lightweight. So, besides the calories, it may not take anywhere near as much alcohol to get you tipsy now compared to when you were drinking regularly.

I like a good Gin and diet tonic water. I actually find diet tonic tastes pretty much the same as regular tonic. Only diet drink I don't really mind the taste of. Otherwise, Crown and Coke Zero.

Also, for beer, Guinness is surprisingly low calorie. Which is good for me as it is my favorite.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Vodka soda, or straight whiskey, wine. I prefer the taste of the whiskey and wine.

Like others have said, if you weigh less and are eating less...you might get pretty tipsy on 2 drinks. Nurse those puppies and have a snack planned that fits into your calorie goal just in case you get home and are feeling snacky. I put a pint of halo top in my freezer before I go out and pre-log it. I know that if I have another drink, I can't indulge in that when I go home. It's almost never worth the other drink.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Vodka sugar free red bull.
  • TheJourneyToFabulous
    TheJourneyToFabulous Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Thanks all :) I am not planning on having a lot,I think ill have a healthy snack waiting for when I get in the I know something is there when I am home. I have heard it can be good to alternate between alcohol and water?
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Wine spritzer which is wine with soda water. Also I ask for soda water with a splash of juice in a wine glass between alcohol drinks
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Just a heads up. If you're like a lot of people here, myself included, through a combination of weight loss and drinking less, you'll have become a bit of a lightweight. So, besides the calories, it may not take anywhere near as much alcohol to get you tipsy now compared to when you were drinking regularly.

Yup. I became a "lightweight" many many years ago. When I think of how much I used to drink...OY!! :s
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    i went out last Friday all i drank was vodka and oj...at the bar i drank coors light...have fun op
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Patron shots and Michelob Ultra Light.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,432 Member
    Options
    Thanks all :) I am not planning on having a lot,I think ill have a healthy snack waiting for when I get in the I know something is there when I am home. I have heard it can be good to alternate between alcohol and water?

Yeah, it is, in terms of after-effects at least. Alcohol tends to be dehydrating, so drinking water helps. Also, if you happen to be drinking around people who'll annoyingly push you to drink more, it can be helpful to alternate between vodka/soda with a lime wedge, and sparkling water with a lime wedge, or somesuch combo. Visually indistinguishable. ;)
  • ent3rsandman
    ent3rsandman Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    GetDrunkNotFat is a great website for this kinda thing. You could also save up a few hundred calories now-Saturday if you're worried about going over, just to give yourself a cushion in case you do.