Help with daily calorie intake

Options
kmaf2018
kmaf2018 Posts: 124 Member
Hi All

So after reading/posting on another thread I am super confused about my daily calorie intake! Ive always set it as 1500 per day and the last month or so I have fluctuated between a few pounds, in the last two weeks ive also im increased my hiit training and got a fitbit so have been eating some if not all of my exercise calories as i thought this is what I had to do....Last night I amended my goals to lose 2lb a week (I have about 28lbs to lose), the App asks are you "not active, lightly active, active or very active", I thought this referred to exercise activity so I selected active and this gave me a calorie goal of 1290 per day.

So my question is can I eat back some of my exercise calories if needed?

So today for example it was 1290 calorie goal, I ate 1297 in food but according to fitbit I gained an extra 527 calories from my exercise but should I have eaten some of those exercise calories?

I think I may be eating more than I should! I weigh everything and log everything but Ive been eating 1500 plus my exercise calories so anything from 1400 - 2000 a day depending on what exercise ive done and what ive eaten!

Thanks
Xx

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    With 28lbs set your deficit to lose 1lb per week.

Activity is based on your movement outside of exercise so unless you have an active job you are probably sedentary or light active.

Log exercise separately.
  • kmaf2018
    Options
    Thank you! So ive adjusted it to lose 1lb per week and selected "not very active" as I have an office job and my daily calorie goal is 1290.

So any exercise calories logged from fitbit, can I eat them or eat some of them if I feel I need to?
  • raimondasa
    raimondasa Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would eat half of them if necessary, fitbits tend to overestimate burned calories
  • kmaf2018
    Options
    OK then, thank you
  • PinkamenaD8
    PinkamenaD8 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Eat some excercise calories if you're feeling hungry. Some people eat like 50%, 75% of their excecise calories, it all depends of your goals and your wellness.