Obsession with Soda?

Options
JeffreyOC
JeffreyOC Posts: 810 Member
Is/Has anyone else ever had an obsession with Soda? Before I started dieting I drunk 2L of Pepsi A DAY. The thing I always remember is how quickly liquid calories add up. 9 months ago I switched to water. It's more refreshing, actually quenches thirst and is healthier.

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of sparkling water with a squeeze of lime juice.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,022 Member
    Options
    No I dont have an obsession with soda, I drink it sometimes - aprox a can about twice a week.

Before losing weight I did about the same - but regular version, now I do diet version, usually pepsi max.

So, no total switching for me - I drink unsweetened coffee and I drink water every day, and other drinks at times.
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Hehe. I drink around a gallon of diet soda per day. I cycle between Diet Mtn Dew, Diet Pepsi, and Diet Dr. Pepper.

Yum yum yum. Helps keep the hunger/cravings down.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I drink a ton of caffeine - coffee, supplements (amino energy, etc.), Monster/Rockstar, diet soda. Probably more than I should.
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I think I have for sure, I love diet coke, pepsi max and diet energy drinks...I especially love a monster drink before a hard cardio session. I've never been a huge fan of the regular sugary kind though.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I drink some diet soda by preference, a habit I developed from the years of braces. Usually I drink the Sparkling Ice drinks which have decided they're going to be sparkling fruit juice rather than soda, but they're pretty much the same as diet soda.
  • Krby13
    Krby13 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm totally addicted to Pepsi Max. We go through a ton of it
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I've never been a huge pop fan, honestly. Even when I was a kid. The carbonation always made me feel bloated and gross.

I am a huge tea freak though. I drink about 5 cups of tea during my work day. I have about 10 different teas at my desk... totally addicted.
  • BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Soda has always made my teeth feel weird. So although I enjoy the taste of a root beer, for example, it's not something I ever would want to drink all the time. I also don't actually like carbonation. I like soda better after it's gone flat.

Random trivia fact, most people outside the US think root beer is disgusting. Apparently it's an acquired taste, lol. But it's my favorite soda.
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Monster Ultra White 4 lyfe.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I love soda I have mostly gone down to one can a day ... but some times it's a polar pop 32oz for $.89 that helps me through the day.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    My husband used to drink 3 or 4 two liters of mt dew a day..i got him to sprite then sprite zero. I called myself lucky and gave up after that. If i drink soda its diet i make in my soda stream..love diet "dr pete"
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I was a huge soda drinker when I started...3-6 12oz cans per day. That was 4.5 years ago...I don't drink regular soda all that often, but in a recent effort to decrease my beer consumption on weeknights, I've taken to drinking a couple Stewart's diet root beers in the evening while I decompress on my patio.
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    ktekc wrote: »
    My husband used to drink 3 or 4 two liters of mt dew a day..i got him to sprite then sprite zero. I called myself lucky and gave up after that. If i drink soda its diet i make in my soda stream..love diet "dr pete"

Finally, someone that's even more soda'd than I am. :D
  • DJ_Skywalker
    DJ_Skywalker Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm Cherry Coke
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I'm a Mountain Dew freak. I allow myself one on the weekend. Just one or I'd end up drinking it all day for 2 days straight!
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I never liked the bubbly feeling in my nose after drinking it. I only get 1919 at bars if it's on tap because that stuff is heavenly. My family was pretty addicted to soda though, but I got everyone to switch to sparkling water.
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I crave carbonation and drank a lot of soda in the past, although it was always diet (even at my fattest). I also drank a lot of beer - I loved the feeling of it going down my throat! Now, I can drink 2-3L of sparkling water a day. More, if it didn't add up $$ so quickly. I prefer Polar Seltzer, but they don't sell it where I live, so I can only get whatever flavors I can find on boxed.com which severely limits my choices :(.