Steps!

Options
ferd_ttp5
ferd_ttp5 Posts: 246 Member
edited May 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
Do you agree with this LIVESTRONG.COM article?

Researchers at Arizona State University have established baseline activity levels based on the number of steps taken each day. People who take fewer than 5,000 steps are considered to be sedentary or inactive. Those who take 5,000 to 7,499 steps daily have a low active lifestyle. Somewhat active people usually take 7,500 to 9,999 steps per day. People considered to be active take 10,000 or more steps per day.

I study about steps so I do google it and google display first this article. I could average 5000-7499 so I think i'm low active with a cycling activity for hour 6x a week.

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Mmmm... I take over 10k every week day and don't consider myself active. I have a desk job, and live and work a 5 minute walk from the train station, and generally go for a wander on my lunch. I'd put myself at somewhat active, at most.
  • ferd_ttp5
    ferd_ttp5 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Mmmm... I take over 10k every week day and don't consider myself active. I have a desk job, and live and work a 5 minute walk from the train station, and generally go for a wander on my lunch. I'd put myself at somewhat active, at most.
    Yes :smile: I could somewhat average 5k up with a cycling activity for hour 6× a week I think i'm also somewhat active too :wink: