Powdered Greens vs. fresh

Options
I have recently started to make smoothies for breakfast. Typically I add greek yogurt, a frozen fruit of choice, chia seeds a handful of kale, water and occassionally a half of a banana. However, I've been seeing all kinds of information on powdered greens lately and I can't help but wonder, what are the benefits of powdered vs. fresh? I would think that nutritionally fresh would be better but you would need lots to equate what you would get through the powder, Is that it? Or am I missing other benefits?

Replies

• ItalianVegan777
    ItalianVegan777 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I take a powdered green supplement and I feel fantastic. I've also tried fresh, BUT it would be impossible for me to add 42 different things in a shake a day. So more convenient and cost effective to use powder. Also use all organic when you can to receive the most nutrition. I hope that helps
  • balancingpineapples
    balancingpineapples Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    thanks! it does help. I really thought it would be beneficial to add powdered to my diet, I just wasn't sure.
  • balancingpineapples
    balancingpineapples Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    do you or anyone else have any recommendations to a brand?
  • abbezen
    abbezen Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I use Institute for Vibrant Living Healthy Greens. I use them every morning with almond mild and frozen fruit and love them!
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    You don't need "lots" though. A cup of kale fulfills the RDA for Vitamin K, A, and C. Plus there's a bunch of other micronutrients in there. The freshest option for pennies a serving.