Tired of the "kicks"

LindsayKelley
LindsayKelley Posts: 2 Member
edited May 2017 in Motivation and Support
I feel like I always get on these, " I'm going to lose weight and be healthy" kicks. I always start out doing good, but then gas out and lose motivation and drive. I am sick of it, I need to get motivated be committed and stick to it.
Am I the only one this happens to or has happened to?

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Trying to do too much at once usually leads to burnouts. Make one small change, make it consistent and rinse and repeat. Much more sustainable that way.
  • megdnoorman
    megdnoorman Posts: 282 Member
    Trying to do too much at once usually leads to burnouts. Make one small change, make it consistent and rinse and repeat. Much more sustainable that way.

This^ for instance, start out with a goal that is relatively easy to achieve (losing 1 lb a week instead of two, working out twice a week instead of three time, skipping dessert or treats a few days a week, etc), then up your goal or add on new goals as your old goals become habits.

Go for long term changes at a slow pace and you will likely have much better results.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,868 Member
    "Go for long term changes at a slow pace and you will likely have much better results."

This. ^^^^

I've failed many a time but this time I'm going really slowly as I'm so tired of going up and down and up in weight. I'm eating more, am finding it more sustainable and fun, and if I maintain for a month at least I'm down 10 pounds from where I was last summer. Maintenance is where many many fail, so even if you "just" master that, it's a huge accomplishment. I lost a pound in a month. I'll take it. Next month I'll lose another. It's practically maintenance, but in 12 months I'll be down 12 pounds, and a pants size.