160+ pounds down. Still going strong.

Options
2»

Replies

• absentmindedhousewife
    absentmindedhousewife Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Nerdbear88 wrote: »
    Had a great time at Planet Comicon this past weekend in KCMO. I got to meet Stephen Amell twice. Once to get his autograph on a picture I took with him two years ago, and again to get my picture with him and said picture from two years ago. For me the picture that I took two years ago held two competing emotions. One of pure joy because I got to meet my favorite celebrity. But horror at being photographed 3/4 body. Over the past two years I have gone from over 400 lbs in that picture to 230 lbs in the current one. It goes to show what hard work and determination can accomplish. Now instead of being winded by a day walking around Bartle Hall, I can run a half marathon in under 2 hours and 30 minutes. And as a testament to how incredibly cool Stephan Amell is, after I took this picture with him he reached out and gave me a hug and told me great job. While I did this for myself, it was amazing to have someone I admire give me recognition. Thanks Mr. Amell. You are truly one of a kind!
    tykowghbnhss.jpg

Best before and after photo EVER.
  • nowornever0430
    nowornever0430 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!
  • Nerdbear88
    Nerdbear88 Posts: 62 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    terryt1992 wrote: »
    This is my favorite success stories so far. Great job man and keep it up you are looking good. It is an amazing transformation. Your starting weight and current weight are basically my exact goals also. Started at 415 and my goal is 230. Currently at 325 which puts me about half way to my goal.

Great job so far. Once I hit my half way mark things just kind of snowballed. I felt so much better that I added a bunch of different workouts. Still working out and still dropping.
    mcbeanstr wrote: »
    This is what I hope to accomplish. I am in a similar boat and will probably have to lose as much as you have. It's difficult but I try to stay motivated as much as I can

If you can keep the motivation then you will be successful. My advice is to listen to your body as you are going though this. If something doesn't seem right then ask question. Not only have I lost a crap ton of weight but I am much more in tune with my body and it's quirks to stay successful. That is the real bonus for losing it slow.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Absolutely incredible
  • Nerdbear88
    Options
    stkcm358j58t.jpg

A gym about 30 miles away from me, the same one that did the run club I tried out in May/June, is doing weekend warrior sessions at various places outside on Saturday mornings. I went to one this past week and it totally kicked my *kitten*. If I have any hope of completing an Iron Man in the future I still have a long ways to go endurance wise. Two days later and my legs are still sore. But I did join the gym for 30 days to see if I like it. I've been doing this completely by myself for almost two years. I have done well but now I need to make connections with other "fit" people to complement that part of my life now. I just simply don't have that many friends that want to move and be active. So I hope by joining I might find other like minded people going forward.

http://nerdbear.com
  • seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    This is amazing. I hope you find your 'people' that keep you motivated. I would love to see you soon saying you completed your Iron Man!!!
  • Watch_Me_Rise
    Watch_Me_Rise Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    That's really neat, congratulations!
  • Nerdbear88
    Options
    MFP featured me as part of their Victory stories yesterday. I'm pleased as punch how it turned out. Hope to inspire many more to drop the weight and live a healthier life.

http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/this-gamer-stopped-playing-with-his-health-and-became-the-get-fit-geek/
  • lherrin1
    lherrin1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the forums. You are inspirational! Keep kicking *kitten*! Good job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!