maintenance question

Options
I've been maintaining for 1 month,tracking on happy scale_the trend line has stayed within a 1 pound range_with daily fluctuations of 1-3 lbs which is really great :)_but my moving average weight has steadily gone up by .5_should I just keep going or lower my maintenance calories by 50 a day?

Replies

• DanSanthomes
    DanSanthomes Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I've just completed a month at exactly the same weight but it took a bit of tweaking to get there (I kept losing previously so notched it up a bit each week!).

I think lowering by 50 a day is spot on. Give it a go for another couple of weeks of tracking and see how you go.

Best of luck
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    My strategy for maintenance is to eat about what I think I should and if get to five pounds over my ideal weight I restrict calories. If I get to five pounds under then I eat more. For anything in between I just watch the scale to see what happens.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Lower your calories and see what happens.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Have you taken into account TOM fluctuations? You may need 6-8 weeks data for that.

If it is a true gain, drop 50 -100 cals and evaluate.

The other thing to do is look at your MFP data to get your maintenance number.

A month is a short time to get a true maintenance number.

Cheers, h.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    One month and 0.5lbs isn't really that significant.

I wouldn't change anything until you are in danger of leaving your selected maintenance range or breaching your upper weight limit.