Thanks, MFP

Options
her4g63
her4g63 Posts: 284 Member
edited May 2017 in Success Stories
imo850i0y3af.jpg
January 2017-February 2017-April 2017

I've posted my "official success story" already but wanted to really give a huge shoutout to everyone on this forum. I added the photo because, well, I've been discouraged lately with seeing any progress but hey, that's how it goes sometimes, right? (:

When I first joined several years ago (where the heck has the time gone...seriously though), I was terrified and didn't know what to do. After scrounging the forums and taking in the wealth of information that was available FOR FREE, I got my diet in check. Y'all taught me how to really calculate how many calories I should consume, how to get into those sexypants, and I lost a decent amount of weight which was incredible! And I've gained a decent amount of real friendships from here with people who "get it" regarding the struggles.
After finally getting to a weight I am comfortable with and starting out with this "lifting heavy things and putting them back down" thing late last year (and really becoming serious with it in the most recent couple of months - like, February/March), I've begun doing the same thing again with studying every post regarding lifting weights, etc. The forums have been monumental in really helping me do this... They've answered questions I'm too afraid to ask anyone IRL, given me motivation from the success stories (especially the supah bulky thread!), and just made me feel less alone (despite being so quiet on these forums). I've reached out to people via PM and everyone has always answered given the best advice and support out there. Nobody has made me feel "bad" about asking what likely seems like a silly question and people really seem to have good intent. This journey, overall, has been.... amazing.

The best thing the people on this forum have taught me is this: on this journey, we will fail and we will succeed - but regardless, we will learn something. Whether it's what not to do or what to continue doing, it's an experience we can use for self-growth.

So many of you have spent countless hours sharing your stories, giving advice, and supporting folks who are just beginning (often by answering the same questions over and over again!)... And for that, thank you. I likely would've given up had this resource not been available back in 2011.
Y'all are freakin' rockstars.
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!