Lactose Intolerant or Dairy Free

Options
Hey guys. I am new to MyFitnessPal (again) and just recently discovered I am some sort of lactose intolerant. It started with milk ... so I cut it out completely. Then cheese. Then butter. You get the idea.

It hasn't been so bad, but I've been completely dairy free for a week now and my question for everyone is this:

How long did it take for you to feel better after eliminating dairy?

I am assuming it's going to take like a month. My stomach is still upset each morning (no, it's not morning sickness & I am not pregnant) , but MUCH better than if I had eaten dairy the night before.

Anyways ... also looking for some support and motivation so feel free to add me if you'd like.

Replies

• theman900
    theman900 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Just wait till after a month you will.feel like a new person and it aint so bad theres literally ton and i mean tonsss of dairy free subs today i made a pizza with cashew cheese tasted amazing best wishes
  • a_candler
    a_candler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    If you're just intolerant, I'd say within a wk or 2. If not then it could be something else also bothering your stomach. If it's everyday u feel this way, look back at your diary to try to find a correlation to a single food. Are you watching labels for other dairy names? I didn't realize that dairy was in my non dairy coffee creamer as well as bread and gravy packets.