My final month on the Keto Diet Cut

Options
So, May, my last month on this diet, been on it for 4 months, went from 197 to 162lbs, my goal is to be at 155, my abs are somewhat visible, but I believe I need to build my abs more so they can fully pop out, right now i feel likei didnt build any ab muscles even though im very lean. Will go on a mini bulk after this month and build my way up. As for Keto, I've been very successful, and lost a lot of fat, Keto will be the way to go whenever I go on a cut, i recommend it to anyone looking to melt away fat fast, its hard work, but pays off at the end

Replies

• PikaJoyJoy
    PikaJoyJoy Posts: 280 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    You may not necessarily "need" to build your abs more to pop them out. Some people have to get to a lower body fat % than others to really see them.

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Be prepared to immediately gain about 5lbs in water weight back when you reintroduce carbs! It is a great way of eating, I love the weight loss and benefits but it's reaaally hard not to eat carbs. I waffle between keto, low-carb and high-carb pretty frequently.
  • Mchughsayegh
    Mchughsayegh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am interested in the Keto diet but really need help wrapping my head around less protein and more fat. I have read that the keto diet suggests 75-80% fat - what does that really mean?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    kknight899 wrote: »
    So, May, my last month on this diet, been on it for 4 months, went from 197 to 162lbs, my goal is to be at 155, my abs are somewhat visible, but I believe I need to build my abs more so they can fully pop out, right now i feel likei didnt build any ab muscles even though im very lean. Will go on a mini bulk after this month and build my way up. As for Keto, I've been very successful, and lost a lot of fat, Keto will be the way to go whenever I go on a cut, i recommend it to anyone looking to melt away fat fast, its hard work, but pays off at the end

you need to lose more fat to see your abs. if you were in a deficit you didnt build any if much muscle. you may have to do several bulk and cut cycles to see your abs(which also means for most you will have to have a low body fat percentage to see).

its very hard to build muscle and lose fat at the same time(unless doing a recomp). also keto does not melt fat away fast,its not a special fat loss diet. you lose fat in a deficit no matter how you eat. you lost a little over 8lbs a month according to my math which means a little over 2lbs a week,so Im sure you lost some lean mass along with that fat.should have been only losing about 1-1.5 lbs a week. now that you only have 7lbs to lose you should have it set to lose .5lb a week.
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I am interested in the Keto diet but really need help wrapping my head around less protein and more fat. I have read that the keto diet suggests 75-80% fat - what does that really mean?

Keto is actually more protein and fats, but far less carbs. The percentages vary as to what people consider keto though.

• joemac1988
    joemac1988 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options

Not less protein, less carbs. High fat, low carb.
  • PikaJoyJoy
    PikaJoyJoy Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    kknight899 wrote: »

you need to lose more fat to see your abs. if you were in a deficit you didnt build any if much muscle. you may have to do several bulk and cut cycles to see your abs(which also means for most you will have to have a low body fat percentage to see).

its very hard to build muscle and lose fat at the same time(unless doing a recomp). also keto does not melt fat away fast,its not a special fat loss diet. you lose fat in a deficit no matter how you eat. you lost a little over 8lbs a month according to my math which means a little over 2lbs a week,so Im sure you lost some lean mass along with that fat.should have been only losing about 1-1.5 lbs a week. now that you only have 7lbs to lose you should have it set to lose .5lb a week.

^Definitely the above. The loss of lean muscle mass tends to be more on a faster cut than a slower one.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options

It means that whatever your total caloric intake for the day is, 75-80% of your energy needs come from sources of healthy fat. I suggest you check out the following main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's where we Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group