Too much fat

Options
Hello all. Some days I go over my alloted fat grams but I'm usually under in calories because of exercise. Is this going to effect my weight loss?

Replies

• SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Not at all. The fat and protein suggestions should be viewed as minimums.
  • vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    The only time my husband worried over macros and micros was when he was trying to progress with his weight lifting. For general weight loss, don't sweat it as long as you're under calories.
  • bdine22
    bdine22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks! :)
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Calories are king for weight loss. As long as you hit your calorie goals then you should lose weight (assuming no medical conditions, obviously).

Macro goals (carbs/fat/protein) can help with health, energy levels, mood, satiety, and other things. But it's important to keep in mind that MFP's default goals for this are just one possible suggestion. They're a guideline, not a rule. You can eat in a lot of different macro splits and still be healthy and happy. It's okay to eat in a different way if it works better for you.
  • ent3rsandman
    ent3rsandman Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'd actually recommend more fat and protein as opposed to carbs for satiety. That is, if you can live with less carbs. Bread is my rock.