• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Not in the gym.
  • neilhoopy
    neilhoopy Posts: 280 Member
    Using my home gym
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    I wouldn't. First of all you are spreading that crap around. Would you like to pick up a cold from someone else? Also, your body is fighting to keep you alive and restore your health. It's a good idea to give it a break from damage you cause it to allow it to fight the cold better.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    I learned my lesson. Don't! I turned a 4-5 day cold into a month long respiratory infection. Rest, eat at maintenance, take care of yourself.
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    I learned my lesson. Don't! I turned a 4-5 day cold into a month long respiratory infection. Rest, eat at maintenance, take care of yourself.

Yep. Same thing for me. As soon as I feel a cold coming on I take a few days off, get plenty of sleep and just let my body fight it off and it's over with in a week. In the past I've continued my workouts and the cold lingered on for weeks and I ended up with walking pneumonia and whooping cough
  • kenzienal
    kenzienal Posts: 205 Member
    My goal was to go get my gym membership this week.

Last friday was the beginning of the sniffles. Sunday was full out cold. Its not Friday and I am still very mucus-y and just cant bring myself to go sneeze on equipment at the public gym. Lucky for me, the boyfriend caught it too.

So we both are staying home and getting a lot of rest in, that way we (hopefully) can be back to normal and back in the gym by next week.

Ive always found that if I am sick, and exert myself like that, the cold lingers for way longer than necessary
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    I REALLY wish the woman who was on the stairstepper next to me at our apartment gym would've stayed home last night. She was coughing, sniffling and sneezing her entire workout and you could tell she was just miserable. I was sure to wipe down my machine since it sat right next to hers extra well and then wash my hands well after my workout. Good thing she only stayed about 10 mins after I got there.
  • medic2038
    medic2038 Posts: 434 Member
  • GaryRuns
    GaryRuns Posts: 508 Member
    The old standard as far as cardio goes is, above the neck okay but take it easy, below the neck, rest until it's gone. But what the others said, please keep it to yourself, home gym, running solo outside, etc., until you're over it.

I hate doing all I can to stay healthy and some jackazz decides it's a good idea to come in to work sick and spread whatever it is.