People making me feel terrible.

Options
2»

Replies

• vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I find it a little trying when I have people around me literally wasting money on products that could be put toward useful things. Like groceries geared toward a well (enough) balanced diet. You don't need energy powders when you're eating the good stuff. So, no. You shouldn't feel pressured to buy into fad diets. Use the app to track calories and invest in a kitchen scale. That's about it. ;) Keep it up!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    As usual this goes back to "stop talking about it."

If you don't want commentary/suggestions/criticism of your diet, stop talking about it.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I am 20 years old and i started this healthy lifestyle, now two girls are following me and they are buying all these special drinks and stuff and they are acting like i dont know what i am doing. I work out eat lean meats vegtiables and healthy fruits. I dont buy anything special. As in special drinks or whatever. Ive lost six pounds so far. Do you think i need to buy all the special stuff.

Focus on you. Ignore them. Buy a bunch of cute clothes with all the money you saved by not buying all the useless drinks...
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Well when you are still at it 2 months from now and they have given up you will be the winner
  • ksz1104
    ksz1104 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

If you don't want commentary/suggestions/criticism of your diet, stop talking about it.

What if they are following her on myfitnesspal? There are idiots everywhere. And no, people should be able to discuss whatever they want without people being jerks.

If they are being a-holes, block them and move on. In todays world, everyone has a comment on everything. You just do you.
  • BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    You absolutely do NOT have to buy special drinks, etc, to lose weight. As far as them acting like you don't know what you're doing--everyone is an expert when it comes to diet, lol! You should hear the things I hear at work. "Eating peanut butter is like eating POISON" is one of my favorites.

I'm assuming they are following you via social media platform. Are they specifically being condescending towards you, or are they not directly addressing you but their choices are making you feel insecure about your own choices? If it's the latter: don't worry about it, just let them do their own thing, they probably aren't even mentally comparing their diet to your diet. If they are actively being condescending or snide: unfollow them. (Or if that would cause too much drama--like mutual friends etc--see if there's a way you can "unview" their feed without unfriending them. I know that is an option on, for example, Facebook.)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Sure you're 20 OP?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Why do other people buying "special drinks" make you feel horrible?
  • Fallfrenzy
    Fallfrenzy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    It seems like what you are doing is working for you. Why change something that is working.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    ksz1104 wrote: »

What if they are following her on myfitnesspal? There are idiots everywhere. And no, people should be able to discuss whatever they want without people being jerks.

If they are being a-holes, block them and move on. In todays world, everyone has a comment on everything. You just do you.

what do you mean if they are following her on MFP-continues to be a so what.
    Ignoring people is far easier to do and more people need to do it across all platforms- for a lot of reasons.

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    ksz1104 wrote: »

I dont think you can follow someone on MFP.you can become friends with someone,if they are "following" her on MFP its more like stalking if you ask me if they arent on her friends list.and you cant block someone on MFP you can ignore them in the forums
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Stop letting others dictate how you feel about yourself.
  • bigmuneymfp
    bigmuneymfp Posts: 2,235 Member
    Options
    Wait till you marry someone and they make you feel terrible.....
  • DJ_Skywalker
    DJ_Skywalker Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Ain't nothin' gonna break your stride,
    Nobody gonna slow you down,
    You got to keep on moving ....
    You do you!

I could use a special drink right now
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options

YIKES. in the 17 years I have been with my husband not once has he made me feel terrible!
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Forget them. If what you're doing is working and you feel good, enjoy the feeling that you're not dropping tons of money on special drinks that probably make very little difference.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options

You're doing marriage wrong then. :noway: