Is this cute or creepy? help please :)

Options
JaydedMiss
JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
Girl at work had surgery and has been very stressed, I decided to try to be cute. Were friendly but not really friends, But i made her up a little gift bag of some epsom salt, Some nice soap and body wash, Some nice lotion and a face mask. Nothing expensive or fancy just like 10$ tops for all. My thought is here pamper yourself for a night with nice fresh new things just being cute, Will she take it as creepy or me telling her she stinks?

If it helps i mentioned ill bring her epsom salts and she was like id love you. So i think she may be okay with it? What do you guys think lol

Replies

• tsortsor
    tsortsor Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Lol seems like something women would do
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    I think its cute ! I think she will appreciate it :)
  • slider728
    slider728 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I'm a guy, so maybe my opinion isn't worth much in this situation, but if I had surgery and you showed up with this at my house, I'd think you were pretty awesome for it!
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    If it were me I'd think it was sweet and thoughtful. Especially since she already mentioned she'd actually use the salts. You're not offering to bathe her are you? :lol:

Yeah pretty sure thatd cross the line LOL

• JaydedMiss
    Options
    slider728 wrote: »
    I'm a guy, so maybe my opinion isn't worth much in this situation, but if I had surgery and you showed up with this at my house, I'd think you were pretty awesome for it!

Guys are humans to, Dont act like you wouldnt love a nice face mask and an epsom salt bath :p Just not sure if its appropriate or going to be appreciated its all effective stuff but its cheap its more for cuteness factor everyone cheers up to gifts unless they think your calling them smelly >.>
  • jpoehls9025
    jpoehls9025 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    hmmm... possibly maybe get mixed impressions that you like them(in-that-way-ya know)? lol dunno thats what Id think if someone brought me something more "personal" but what do I know.
  • slider728
    slider728 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »

Guys are humans to, Dont act like you wouldnt love a nice face mask and an epsom salt bath :p Just not sure if its appropriate or going to be appreciated its all effective stuff but its cheap its more for cuteness factor everyone cheers up to gifts unless they think your calling them smelly >.>

OK, minus the facemask and the lotion :) Don't use either of those.
  • jpoehls9025
    jpoehls9025 Posts: 471 Member
    Options

Ive used a facemask once, it actually felt kinda nice, once I washed it off my face was so smooooth
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I would think it was a sweet and kind gesture. Very thoughtful idea :smile:

Lovely gift idea, and in no way creepy or would it make me think about having bad hygiene
  • JaydedMiss
    Options

Ive used a facemask once, it actually felt kinda nice, once I washed it off my face was so smooooth

They feel cool when they harden, Especially mud masks for the smoothing effect, Thats what i go her. So hydrating!
  • Dyl1789
    Dyl1789 Posts: 2,933 Member
    Options
    I think she'd like it in a non creepy way
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    It's thoughtful

... there's always time to cultivate creepy.

This might be a good opportunity to begin.
  • Sivadee00
    Sivadee00 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    hmmm... possibly maybe get mixed impressions that you like them(in-that-way-ya know)? lol dunno thats what Id think if someone brought me something more "personal" but what do I know.

Yeah you have a point. One person might take it differently than another. Some people might think there is a hidden message attached to it. Sort of like giving soap or perfume and they think you are trying to tell them they are smelly. Lol
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Sivadee00 wrote: »

Yeah you have a point. One person might take it differently than another. Some people might think there is a hidden message attached to it. Sort of like giving soap or perfume and they think you are trying to tell them they are smelly. Lol

Just present it with a card that reads: " you're not smelly "
  • JaydedMiss
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Sivadee00 wrote: »

Just present it with a card that reads: " you're not smelly "

hah i think were "friends" enough i can lay it out as me just being a cutie pie and hope she enjoys because i know everyone loves presents and secretly loves pampering self
  • tsortsor
    tsortsor Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    :|
  • Dazzler21
    Dazzler21 Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Girl at work had surgery and has been very stressed, I decided to try to be cute. Were friendly but not really friends, But i made her up a little gift bag of some epsom salt, Some nice soap and body wash, Some nice lotion and a face mask. Nothing expensive or fancy just like 10$ tops for all. My thought is here pamper yourself for a night with nice fresh new things just being cute

Hell I'd love that if I were stressed, I'd be super thankful too.