Jumping ship from ww to mfp

Tracey_D
Tracey_D Posts: 3 Member
I've been losing and gaining the same amount of weight on weight watchers because I think I keep eating a ton of vegetables and fruits which definitely add up in the Calorie department... The problem is they count is zero when doing weight watchers so I think by doing the calorie counting I may have more success because I can actually see the calories I'm consuming.

Anyways, hi!!

Replies

• PackPariah
    PackPariah Posts: 75 Member
    Welcome to MFP.
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Welcome aboard and good luck!
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    I think you will find great success with the calorie counting! It also teaches you portion control and eating habits that you can use beyond your weight loss.
  • LZMiner
    LZMiner Posts: 300 Member
    I switched from WWs to MFP. WWs is expensive for what you get, and their data base is not nearly as comprehensive. Plus, WWs new plan was very unforgiving for certain foods, and I feel calorie counting gives me more "freedom!" I've lost 13 pounds since January...and am about to go into maintenance. Good luck to you!
  • ofelecia
    ofelecia Posts: 6 Member
    Welcome! I'm new here too, and I know exactly what you mean about WW (which I've had on and off success with). This is my 1st week using MFP after WW, and I find that I'm inclined to want to snack on or load up on fruit and veg --until I remember that those cals will count! My diet is generally pretty clean, and I know my issues are more to do with snacking and portion control, so ultimately my own behavior causes WW to kind of backfire on me . . .

BTW, I find the MFP food database, recipe builder, and nutrition analysis are all excellent & really easy to use (the exercise database is just ok).

Good luck!!