VA MOVE Program

Options
SteelersLady76
SteelersLady76 Posts: 4 Member
edited May 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Good Day ! I am a Disabled Veteran who just joined the 82 day MOVE Program at my Veterans Affairs Hospital. But also on the Tela MOVE from home since I can't get to my meetings every week I have blue tooth scale that's monitored by my care Team at the VA.... Looking to start a group if not one is already going. And some friendships for motivation and support. Thanks for reading and have a great day !

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    @melaniebrinkhoff from what I read about in a couple years ago I think the MOVE program can be a helpful tool. When I learned about it I was well on my way to reversing long term serious health issues so I did not get involved.

Over time studying this subject it seems most any program can help us start focusing on what we can do in the way of eating, moving and thinking for the best health possible in the case of each of us.

Welcome to MFP forums and the best of success. Thank you for your service to the people of the USA.
  • Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    As a disabled vet as well I am going to look into this. The drive into Detroit kept me away, I didn't realize there was a Telemove option.
  • Ilive4mountainsandbeaches
    Options
    Just started MOVE yesterday - going to the 16 sessions on Monday evenings here in Alaska. Liked it - good conversation - walked a mile as a group. Each have our own reasons for being there but nice to be with fellow vets. Would love to get a group going on here.