1 rep max challenge

Options
jlclabo
jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
this is all just for me so I can get a feel for where im at, but I figured why not see if anyone else wanted to have some fun too.

Ok, ive set myself a lofty goal for a 1 rep max challenge... by October 1st I will bench press 300lbs, deadlift 500lbs and squat 400lbs, or more in all of these.. as of now, I bench 225lbs 4-5 reps, squat 360lbs 3-5 reps, and deadlift 391.5 6 reps x 2 sets. none of these are to failure sets either.... any thoughts on this....

at this moment I don't know where my 1RM are at. haven't done a max day since I was playing football and powerlifting roughly 20 years ago. back then I was 350 bench, 655 squat, 500+ deadlift(never really maxed my dl but could do 500 2-4 times in sets and 1000 on hipsled. at that point I was 225lbs. I know these hold no bearing to what I can do now, but fortunately I gain fairly quickly and have high expectations for this. I will be doing the big 3 starting around the 23 of September so as not to try them all on a single day, but if I for some reason pass the mark on any of them before the 1st I will post here with date/time/and hopefully a video.