Re-introducing myself!

Options
jeanie2108
jeanie2108 Posts: 10 Member
Hi All,

I joined quite a while ago with all good intentions. Disappointingly these did not last long.

The last time I got weighed was 17st 1lb in January this year. So much has been happening at home that I have found so hard to cope with and have had to come out of work because of.

Last night I went and got weighed hoping that all the walking we did on our family holiday (first one in ten years) had made a difference. Course not! I now weigh 17st 4lb. This was the icing on the cake and I broke down. Found it really hard to cope with.

After a very restless night and waking up with sore eyes looking like a panda, I tried my best to motivate myself and say it has to be now or never. Personally I do not want to get on the scales at any time in my life and see 18st. I never thought I would see 13st but that happened a few years ago after a relationship breakdown.

So this year is going to be the start of the new me and I am doing it for me! I think it is time to be a little selfish. I think I need too. I have recently been diagnosed with carpel tunnel syndrome and patella tendinitis. The first is causing me to drop things and during the last two days I have broke two dishes and a side plate. We have only had the dinner service a couple of months. The latter has resulted in my doctor banning me from any impact exercise. So I thought walking would be a good place to start.

Today I have been watching what I am eating and drinking. Decided to take the dog for a walk when I picked the youngest children up from school. We ended up walking 2.7km which took just under an hour. I know this is not an ideal pace but this is my starting point. Thinking to take the kids there scooters, I thought they would be racing off in front. They did and then they came back to me, nearly tripped over them and then they went off again and then came back to me. I am sure the walk took longer than it should have. The best thing to do - do it again tomorrow and have fun with the kids! That is what it is all about.

My husband works for a charity and I have decided to tie this in as that extra push. For one of the projects they need to raise £50K, so I am going to walk 50K and raise as much as I can. I am nowhere near fit enough to even think about walking 50K straight off, my word - who is? I am going to walk 10 x 5K walks/runs over the coming months and complete it by the end of this year.

Time to start looking for those walks! :smiley:

A pleasure meeting you all.

Replies

• DeeWalkz
    DeeWalkz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter what happened in the past.... Your back now and motivated