is it ok?

ok, so I work almost 11 hours a day of a horse farm. It is a lot of hard, physically demanding work... I try to eat throughout the day, but really only get the chance at night by the time im done... after work tho I have to go out to take care of my horses at another farm... so really from 8 til whenever I fall out I have all these calories I need to get in... I am trying to gain weight, so just not getting them in is not an option... is it terribly bad for me to get most of my calories later? like I know it would benefit me better to get them in while im working, but like I said.. sometimes it just doesn't fit...

Replies

• Alphastate
    Alphastate Posts: 295 Member
    If you're trying to gain weight, eat at a surplus. Meal timing becomes irrelevant.
  • KickingButt
    KickingButt Posts: 75 Member
    ok, I am trying to make sure the weight doesn't like convert to fat.. will eating like that cause the weight to become fat?
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Meal timing and meal frequency have no affect on body fat. All that matters is total number of calories consumed. If you are trying to gain muscle as opposed to just gaining weight, then you should also eat a high protein diet. Shoot for a minimum of 0.82g of protein per pound of body weight. Good luck
  • Alphastate
    Alphastate Posts: 295 Member
    You will almost always gain a little fat in a surplus. I'd try to consume most of your calories through protein sources so that it can help build lean mass.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    ok, I am trying to make sure the weight doesn't like convert to fat.. will eating like that cause the weight to become fat?

Lift heavy weights while eating at a surplus. This will help you from becoming too flabby...but at the end of the day weight gain will have some fat accompanying it.
  • KickingButt
    KickingButt Posts: 75 Member
    wow tanx guys for the tips.. that helps.. I just feel guilty for eating so much at night, but I really do work hard enough, and I eat healthy!
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    I am <20% BF and all my meals are between ~5-11pm. Totally fine.