Skinny tall girl wants to gain muscle.

Options
Hi, I'm new to this site.I need some tips on how to gain muscle/weight. I have changed my eating habits to eating healthier. I would like to focus on my whole body, but most importantly I would like to get see toned ABS and butt.

Replies

• Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to Myfitnesspal! Great goals. I'm looking to get stronger too.

Are you going to make up your own plan or do you have one you want to follow like New Rules?
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Well to gain muscle and weight, you have to eat at a caloric surplus. I recommend you eat TDEE + 10%. It is best not to eat at higher than this level because that will result in more fat gain then you want. A caloric surplus of 10% coupled with heavy weight lifting will help you gain muscle. Lift hard and be patient and you will gain muscle. It's also important to eat enough protein if you are trying to gain muscle. Make sure you're eating a minimum of 0.82g of protein per pound of body weight for optimal muscle building during weight lifting.
  • chriswhudson
    Options
    I could not look at your diary or anything, but from a quick snapshot of your bikini outfit, you have a great slim body. In order for you to stay fit but get yourself ripped and more defined. I will suggest to up your protein intake and you really need to do a lot of resistance training or take up weight lifting. I say this because the weights will put your body under heavy stress during work-out and this in-turn tears muscle fibers( good thing) and this gives a slight muscle gain but shreds at the same time. I you want to gain weight, unfortunately you must eat more, in order to gain 1lb you must eat 3500 calories above your normal weekly intake.

for example: rough snapshot

if you eat 1100cal a day X 7days =7700 consumed a week
    if your BMR is 1500cal a day X 7 days= 10500......you would loose weight

if you eat 1900cal a day X 7days =13300 consumed a week
    if your BMR is 1500cal a day X 7 days= 10500......you would gain weight
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    I could not look at your diary or anything, but from a quick snapshot of your bikini outfit, you have a great slim body. In order for you to stay fit but get yourself ripped and more defined. I will suggest to up your protein intake and you really need to do a lot of resistance training or take up weight lifting. I say this because the weights will put your body under heavy stress during work-out and this in-turn tears muscle fibers( good thing) and this gives a slight muscle gain but shreds at the same time. I you want to gain weight, unfortunately you must eat more, in order to gain 1lb you must eat 3500 calories above your normal weekly intake.

for example: rough snapshot

if you eat 1100cal a day X 7days =7700 consumed a week
    if your BMR is 1500cal a day X 7 days= 10500......you would loose weight

if you eat 1900cal a day X 7days =13300 consumed a week
    if your BMR is 1500cal a day X 7 days= 10500......you would gain weight

3500 calories equaling a pound is only true in regards to fat, not muscle

Also I think you're confusing BMR and TDEE...