How many times can I eat chicken before I go crazy?

Options
neurosteph17
neurosteph17 Posts: 4 Member
I need new recipe ideas please!!!

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    There are many other protein sources.... Pick something else!

(I do like stirring PB through chicken and green vegies for a quick satay-ish meal though)
  • chantelp0508
    chantelp0508 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of fish and pork
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Shrimp
    Tilapia
    Scallops
    Pork loin
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of fish and pork

These were going to be my suggestions too.

Or turkey. Or lean beef. Or lamb.
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    I've had chicken for 4 days straight and I'm sick of it. Different recipes help but so does some change. I need to switch it up to tuna fish, tacos, or steak.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    5% fat Minced beef
    Minced turkey (breast or thigh)
    Fish
    Seafood
    Pork
    Lamb
    Beef
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Rather than recipes I can suggest Penzey's spice mixes. Penzeys.com I believe. I am so lazy and their amazing flavors save my cooking like four times a week! Original Taco is great on chicken as is Greek, Galena Street; Northwoods is popular... so many more. Season, skillet, add a veggie on the side and done.

Do that with Greek seasoning for example and throw some olives and sun-dried tomatoes in and a 1/4 cup of broth & let it reduce. Great with cauliflower if you like it or potato and green beans. A good cast iron skillet has been priceless for good old chicken too. I feel you on the chicken boredom!!!
  • yancystreet
    yancystreet Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I sometimes take two things that seem to be opposites and search to see if there is anyone crazy enough to mix the two. With chicken, I literally cannot find anything that someone doesnt mix within a recipe. really! chicken -peanut butter, chicken -artichoke, chicken - asian pear. Anything goes! I cant believe it.
  • nissarayna
    nissarayna Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I ate nothing but steamed chicken for weeks in the beginning, drove me nuts. Now I eat lots of tilapia, canned pink salmon, pork, even have egg salad sammie's for dinner, and now fishing season is well underway I'm hoping to be eating more bass, catfish, walleye & bluegill. I still have steamed chicken though, once a week or so. Can't give any recipes as I like my meats plain.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I need new recipe ideas please!!!

When you find out where the threshold for crazy is, let me know, please ... my family has elim mostly all red meat, so I wind up cooking so much poultry I think I'm going to start sprouting feathers, LOL!

I relieve the mainly chicken/turkey menu with seafood and vegetarian nights, with the occ. beef dish.

With lots of prep methods (baked, broiled, grilled, sauteed, stewed, slow-cooked, pressure-cooked, etc.), recipes/flavors from various parts of the world, etc., I've made quite a variety over the last year, with a number of repeats to form a growing repertoire.

I suggest you build a recipe rotation gradually from a base of a few favorites. In no time, relatively, you'll have a great selection to choose from. Get creative and diverse with your sides - new, fresh sides daily can make the "same ole'" chicken seem fresh and new also.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Are you looking for more creative recipes for chicken, or for other protein sources?
    If it is the second: fish, lean cuts of red meat, eggs, shrimp, beans
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I've been eating a lot of pork tenderloin - roast a whole one at the beginning of a week and you can slice pieces off of it and add to dishes such as stir fry, or use as sandwich meat, etc.
  • EricExtreme
    EricExtreme Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of 98% lean grass fed ground beef which minimizes the chicken. I eat it without a bun and flavor it with minimal seasoning, reduced sugar ketchup, mustard, and diced onions. 8 oz is almost 50 grams of protein with only 2 grams of fat (less than one gram of saturated fat) and is only 240 calories.
  • boopsiegrl
    boopsiegrl Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    how much chicken can you eat before you go crazy for me not to much it soon taste like a rubber chicken yuk
  • 7sorok
    7sorok Posts: 112 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Any fish, canned tuna and sardines, turkey, eggs, beef, veal, cheeses, cottage cheese and chicken, of course, are good sources of protein. Eat them in rotation, so you'll have chicken only once a week and it's not bad.

BTW, chicken thigh kabobs are wonderful - I basted them in garlic powder, a bit of salt, paprika, black pepper, few spritzes of apple vinegar - tastes great. You can bake it or grill it.
  • patcatpaws54
    patcatpaws54 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Eggs are good and quick. Scrambled with lots of veggies, hard boiled in a salad.