Stop Weighting myself, everyday.

Options
I'm going to stop weighing myself, everyday because each time on my weigh-in Day (Fridays), when I'm eating healthy and exercising I'm at a lower weight. But after, I eat on that day and drink LOTS of water and exercise, my weight is up by 4-5 pounds. Is it due to Weight Fluctuation due to water or something else? Let me know.

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear. If you choose to weigh everyday you have to be able to deal with the fluctuations. I suggest weight trend app or something similar to see your progress realistically.
  • mohamedahmed07
    mohamedahmed07 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself every week instead, everytime you wake up in the morning go take a piss, wipe yo *kitten*, then jump on that scale
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    You're not gaining and losing 5lbs of fat a week. If you weigh every day you have to be prepared for fluctuations based on a ton of factors, like sodium, water retention, etc. Use a weight trends website you can look at for the overall trend, or just weigh less frequently.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    Bwrock84 wrote: »
    I'm going to stop weighing myself, everyday because each time on my weigh-in Day (Fridays), when I'm eating healthy and exercising I'm at a lower weight. But after, I eat on that day and drink LOTS of water and exercise, my weight is up by 4-5 pounds. Is it due to Weight Fluctuation due to water or something else? Let me know.

If by "after" you mean you are weighing yourself again later that day, just weigh yourself first thing in the AM, as your weight goes up as soon as you start eating and drinking, but this is irrelevant to your actual progress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYMNPP2ZR1U
  • vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    An example of the past 2 weeks for me: 293...295...297...289...288...291. I didn't even include weighing over 300 at the start of the month. Weight fluctuates about 5lbs or so easily. As everyone says, this process isn't linear. I was 288 and ate a bunch of processed, salty snacks last night thus being up 3lbs. No frets, it's just water.

As long as you're averaging below calories (I tend to check how I'm doing on a weekly scope as to if I'm below calories) you're gonna lose weight.
  • ferd_ttp5
    ferd_ttp5 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Water retention and the food in your system for sure! Have a weekly weigh in instead of daily, I prefer weighing myself at WED-THU do what ever works for you. :)
  • TheJourneyToFabulous
    TheJourneyToFabulous Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I have to weigh in weekly as the fluctuation stress me too much. It works for some but not everyone