I've lost 25 lbs.....

Options
But my stomach is still huge.. I only see a slight difference. Isnt that weird?

SW 189
CW 164

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately no its not weird. For many people the stubborn belly is the last thing to go. Present company included :neutral:
  • NavajoGirl85
    NavajoGirl85 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    tjsims88 wrote: »
    But my stomach is still huge.. I only see a slight difference. Isnt that weird?

SW 189
    CW 164

I didn't really start losing anything in my stomach area until I lost over 50 pounds. It's still a problem although I've lost 60 pounds it's getting smaller now but it really took awhile for it to start losing.
  • vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Weight doesn't like to always disappear in convenient ways. 25lbs is nothing to sneeze at through! Is there a particular weight you've set for yourself?

Edit: also, to add: lots of times I don't see a difference so I take measurements. You may be losing inches that you're not noticing if not.
  • tjsims88
    tjsims88 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Weight doesn't like to always disappear in convenient ways. 25lbs is nothing to sneeze at through! Is there a particular weight you've set for yourself?

My Goal weight is 140.. I'm 5'5
  • vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I think you'll be seeing more change as you continue on your journey. I'm 5'6" and set a GW for 150 myself. I figure that whenever I get closer to it I'll make adjustments. Keep at it.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! Huge is relative, and we are always our own worst critic. It's probably not as bad as you think. However, if you are sensitive to certain foods you are eating or have a tendency to bloat due to hormones, or are constipated, it is possible your abdomen may be slightly more distended than one would normally expect.

It's unfortunate that we can't choose where we lose from, but such is life! Just keep on keeping on.
  • strshllw84
    strshllw84 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Definitely start taking measurements. I have what I like to call my mom pooch and I've lost two inches from my waist and nearly and inch from my hips. I've learned the scale is misleading but measuring tapes and how clothes fit, don't lie.
    We may look at ourselves and not see the change but others will.